Norman Malware Cleaner is a Norman program utility that may be used to detect and remove specific malicious software (malware).
Note that it should not be used as a substitute for running normal proactive antivirus protection, but rather as a reactive tool to handle systems that are already infected.
What's new in this version: Version 2014.1.14 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Employ the power of Csound with complex, organized pitch struct...
- Recover lost passwords for Microsoft Access.
- Encrypt and decrypt text files.
- Exploit the power of WMI without prior knowledge of this techno...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Password recovery software.
- Create clones of your hard disk partitions or whole disk drives...
- Create your own RPG easily.
- Remover spyware, adware and malware from your PC.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Norman Malware Cleaner 2014.1.14
I had not one good experience.
Will destroy your Windows machine, that's all.
February 26, 2014
For Windows 7, on a Gateway PC.
For some reason, the new version of Spybot just didn't make me feel secure. I've been using it for yeeeeears! So I decided to switch. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!! Downloaded Norman yesterday and ran a thorough scan, I had the scan settings set for high and extreme threats only. It took hours to complete, this is a fairly new computer and doesn't have much loaded on it yet. It consumed so much cpu and memory for the clean up I basically couldn't use the computer (there was no setting for priority on the program nor any allowance to lower the priority in the processes). But after the reading the reviews, I chalked this minor set back as the price to pay for a better cleaner. Wrong! Once it finished scanning for "threats", it automatically cleaned out the "threats"; there was only 8 "threat" that it found (I've literally had this computer for two weeks, didn't expect much to show up).
The fun came once I rebooted the computer which, was right after the scan.
Everything booted up as expected except for one tiny, minuscule, microscopic fact. There was no desktop. I mean, I literally had a white cursor floating in a black screen. Control+alt+delete worked just fine, but I still couldn't get any desktop controls, icons, background, etc. I finally rebooted, went into pre-Window load settings and selected last known good configuration. One of the few times I'm glad that Windows actually does something right. Got everything back, deleted Norman from programs. GOOD RIDDANCE!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content