CNET Editors' review
Nero Kwik Media is a light and free media manager with which you can organize, edit, and share your music, photos, videos, and data. Imagine iTunes and iPhoto rolled into one, then trimmed in half. While this download is technically "free," there is one caveat: you'll have to purchase some of its functionality in the form of "apps" listed in Nero's built-in store. Sure, most of these add-ons aren't too expensive, but it's a shame that a few of them (like Nero Kwik Play, a video decoder) don't come with the download. That said, if you're mainly looking for a single hub through which to access all your media, along with maybe a few basic editing and creative tools, Nero Kwik Media is a great option.
Kwik Media's user interface is simple and, for the most part, intuitive. Anyone already familiar with Nero products may notice that Kwik Media has maintained a similar work flow and many of the same graphical interface elements as the company's premium product, Nero Multimedia Suite--very convenient.
When you launch the program, Kwik Media presents you with a menu of options in four distinct categories: Media Library, where you organize and import files; Enjoy your Media, for playing and listening; Burn & Copy, for just that; and Be Creative, where you can make slide shows or playlists or publish to the Web. It's all very straightforward, and adding files is easy using the Import tool or by dragging and dropping into the interface. In fact, performing any staple multimedia functions--editing photos, creating slide shows, burning to data disc--should be a breeze for even the greenest users.
As far as features go, again, Nero Kwik Media is equipped with only a few basic multimedia editing and creative tools. The slideshow creator is light, enabling you to customize duration, text titles, theme, and music. The built-in photo editor, on the other hand, is surprisingly capable, with tools for adjusting exposure, color, brightness, saturation--there's even red-eye removal. The program doesn't include much else unless you delve into the still-somewhat-limited Nero app store for tools for burning video DVDs, playing Blu-rays, and transferring data to and from mobile devices, among other things. Nero Kwik Play ($4.99), which supports playback of a bevy of video formats, is essential and should have been an integrated stock feature. Same goes for the $4.99 video-burning app, Nero Kwik DVD. Also, Move It ($4.99), which transfers and transcodes media files between PC and iOS or Android devices, sounds like a worthwhile purchase, though we were unable to test it at the time of this review.
Overall, Nero Kwik Media is a great download for entry-level users in need of a free media manager with a few basic onboard tools for playback, photo editing, slideshows, and sharing on the Web. If you're looking for more than that, then be prepared to pony up the moolah at the Nero store to gain the functionality you seek.Nero BurnLite - Burn data to CD and DVD easily and securely - Download Video Previews:
Find, Sync, Show, Share, Burn
What's Nero Kwik Media?
Nero Kwik Media is the free media manager for your photos, music and videos. The complete, all-in-one source lets you find, organize, edit, play, share, sync, burn and enjoy your media with the built-in market that lets you buy and activate the apps you want for a truly unique experience.
What's new in this version: Nero BurnLite is now Nero Kwik Media
More Products to Consider
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert audio, burn and copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray ...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert your music compilations made with Nero to regular m3u p...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Emulate up to 18 DVD/BD drives.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Start applications with other credentials without re-logging on...
- Convert between WAV and mp3, wma, ogg, and FLAC.
- Operate Nero AAC Encoder via a graphical user interface.
- Convert audio between formats such as MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 file.
All versions:1.8 stars
out of 94 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Should not be part of the free programs"
Version: Nero Kwik Media 12.0.01300
The Nero with license is excellent.
This version is spam, it is forcing you to buy, it should not be listed as a free program.
It should be choosed carefully.