CNET Editors' review
NFL Office Pool offers a way to manage a pick 'em style football pool. While the program looks basic enough to operate, the manual input required will make users seek out simpler solutions online.
Initially, we were pleased to find that this program's interface looked simple and easy to manage. However, after looking closer at some of the functions, we needed to consult the tutorials in the Help file. The program sets up betting leagues for College, CFL, and even NFL Europe games, but an NFL pool was easiest. This was because the NFL's 2009 schedule was fully loaded onto the program, and all others had to be manually entered, which was a pain. Setting up league rules, fees, and players was a simple trip through a menu. Unfortunately, we needed to input each game's final score in order for the program to calculate our league's weekly standings. The program's most exciting feature also required more work than we wanted. Its Online Integration feature provided a way for all players to make their picks from separate computers, but we needed to register with the design company online. Overall, the program was too much work when we knew there were countless free, online football pool sites that do all of the manual input automatically.
NFL Office Pool's trial is limited to eight regular season weeks. It comes as a compressed file. We do not recommend this program since there are online options that require much less work.
From Dolphin Safe Software:
NFL Office Pool is ready for you to run the pool and you can handle not only the pros but NCAA, CFL and even Arena Football. It's preloaded with all the scheduled NFL match ups. Players can make picks online and the software will automatically download picks (or you can enter them by hand). Tie-breakers are supported with closest or close-but-not-over scoring on any game you choose. You can play straight-up or against the spreads. Recaps and season standing reports are all ready to go with just a click.
What's new in this version: Version 14.0 improves online synchronization features and consolidates some screens.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Practice your billiards skills on your PC and participate in ch...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Play snooker, pool, and 9 ball against PC or people online.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Scan and clean up your registry to improve your system's perfor...
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Translate words, full texts, Web pages, and complete documents ...
- Run programs in high or real-time priority modes.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Determine optimum lottery playing strategies by using neural ne...
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Does the job but it needs work."
Version: NFL Office Pool 13.0
I don't like the big name web-run pools (like CBS, Yahoo, etc) for the lack of control and the need for everyone to create an account. This pool is an easy pool to manage and simple enough for my players to use. It's more hands off than other pools I've used, with one big "UNLESS" that makes me dock it 2 stars...(see below)
The football schedule has changed and this program needs to as well. The program locks all players out if their picks are not made by the start of the first game. The problem is that in 2012 there is a Thursday game every week. That means anyone that forgets the Thursday game is locked out of the entire week, unless I (as administrator) manually help them! This is just too punitive when running a seasonal pool where every game of every week matters to the members. To stay current, the program NEEDS to allow pool member to miss Thursday yet still make picks. Also, this pool was a great option 2+ years ago for pools run within corporations with strict content blocking. This is no longer the case. It really needs the old website address back so that corporate content blocks don't filter it for "gambling".
This office pool does the job, but if other web options come up I will probably switch if the fixes aren't made.
"Great office pool software allows online picks"
Version: NFL Office Pool 9
Online picks - no need to have sheets turned in (but folks without internet access can turn in sheets to the admin). Nice reports. Very easy. Scores and spreads are automatically updated. Very little management needed. Great time saver!
Doesn't support confidence pools.
Version: NFL Office Pool 18.104.22.168
Way to go Cnet thanks for having this i love my NFL..
Version: NFL Office Pool 7.0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: