CNET Editors' reviewThis application creates a comprehensive inventory catalog of collectible items but can be overwhelming for the average collector. My Collection Explorer has two operational modes, Wizard and Expert. Wizard's interface is clean-cut and offers easier navigation around the program. Its expert mode is just that. Though its interface is basic, it offers a lot more options for adept collections. The program requires more than 15MB and loads with several predefined catalogs, from game cards and comic books to knife and sword collections. You can add personalized categories; however, you can't delete unnecessary catalogs. Within each category you'll be able to list your inventory, pricing, and Websites--essentially, anything you feel is pertinent to your individual collection. You can even schedule periodic backups of your inventory catalogs to the hard drive as often as you'd like. My Collection Explorer really is overkill for small hobbyists, but serious collectors will find it useful for maintaining vast records.
From Maurizio Maccani:
My Collection Explorer can manage the inventory of more than 40 different collection types (and the list is growing daily). For currency collectors it contains the catalogue of military payment certificates, fractional currency, small and large US banknotes, national banknotes including a complete database of national charter banks. The philatelic offer includes the regular, commemorative and airmail stamps catalogue and templates for the inventory of First Day Covers, Postal Covers and Postal Stationery collections. Version 4.0 build 1536 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Get a home inventory and family emergency planning tool.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Run and manage your own business.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Bulk-list items, manage inventory, and create auction ads in eB...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Optimize your eBay trades, compare prices, and find bargains.
- Catalog and record information about your collections.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Organize and manage your collectibles with ease.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Manage your coin collection and get updated retail price of all...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Create a recipe for your lemonade and manage your inventory.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Track and create an inventory of your assets.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Search and bid on items in eBay.
- Compare prices in thousands of online stores and eBay and buy a...
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Do not use it! I lost all of my data."
Version: My Collection Explorer 3.1
After four emails with no reply from the vendor, I deleted it and wrote my own program. This was a waste of my money and time.
"Only if you know your collection i recommend this."
Version: My Collection Explorer 3.1
If your not sure what your collection is dont use this, i recommend this for experianced collectors.