CNET Editors' review
Muscle Builder allows users to create and print workouts, or at least, that's its claim. Our experience was that the program is really just a thinly veiled advertisement for a couple of bodybuilding Web sites.
The program's interface is simple and easy to use, consisting of a single screen on which users choose exercises from a couple of drop-down menus, one for strength training and another for cardio. For each exercise users can enter the number of sets and repetitions, or length of time. This is easy enough to do, but the program falls short with the limited list of exercises and the inability for users to add more. Once each exercise is entered it is added to a list that can then, in theory, be printed. Unfortunately, no amount of clicking on the printer icon resulted in a printed workout. The program has no Help file at all, so users with questions about printing or any other aspect of the program will remain uninformed and frustrated. In the end, we don't see any point in this program; it would be easier to jot down your workout on a piece of notebook paper, or type it up in Word or Excel. Two big blocks of the program's interface are devoted to ads for bodybuilding Web sites, which is likely the true reason for the program's existence.
Muscle Builder is free. It adds a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We do not recommend this program; although there is nothing functionally wrong with it, other programs have more features and are not just advertisements masquerading as software.
From Muscle Facts:
Muscle Builder is a piece of software you can use to create workouts, print them off, and take them to the gym with you. This helps you to focus on your workout goals better. You can choose from dozens of pre-programmed exercises and customize a workout plan to suit yourself and your requirements. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Generate a precise workout scientifically designed for each ind...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Access over 200 weight training exercises plus workout routines...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Fitness software.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Monitor your nutrition with a diet diary and meal planner.
- Determine your own personal lucky days.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- View the same images that scientists at NASA use for their rese...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Test your psychic abilities choosing various colors.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1