Mozilla Thunderbird makes e-mailing safer, faster, and easier with such features as intelligent spam filters, a built-in RSS reader, and quick search. Thunderbird was designed to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail. Thunderbird includes tabbed e-mail, new search tools and indexing, smart folders, support for Firefox's Personas, a simplified setup wizard, and robust junk protections that include phishing and spam filters. Thunderbird has a junk mail tools have been updated to stay ahead of spam and features Phishing protection.
What's new in this version:
- When entering members into a mailing list, the enter key dismissed the panel instead of just moving onto the next line
- Email without HTML elements was sent as HTML, despite "Delivery Format: Auto-detect" option
- Options applied to a template were lost when the template was used.
- Contacts could not be deleted when they were found through a search
- Views from global searches did not respect "mail.threadpane.use_correspondents"