When working with video files, experienced users often find switching between the multiple available formats difficult. MovieConverter Studio for Mac solves this problem through its conversion abilities, but with a moderate price tag.
Available as a free trial version, which limits the video output to three minutes, the program requires a $20 purchase to unlock the full version. After downloading, installation begins, but MovieConverter Studio for Mac needs an additional download of supplemental packages for certain format conversions. The menu for this download states these could not be packaged in the original file due to legal reasons, which is troublesome for users to read. After this download, a set-up menu walks the user through selections for video format and preferred video editing software. The overall menu and program design are well thought out and easy to follow, even for beginning users. Technical support is in the form of available updates. Loading videos and starting the conversion process was easy to manage. While limited to three minutes in the trial version, the actual conversion went as quickly as expected and the output matched the original video. The program was easy to use and worked well overall, despite its inability to more completely work with videos.
For those users converting videos often and willing to pay for a well-designed and easy-to-use program, MovieConverter Studio for Mac may be a good option.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MovieConverter Studio for Mac 1.998.
Because video is very technical domain, if you are not an expert about video technology or standards specifications, your results of your work will be poor... with MovieConverter-Studio you -easily- get good results.
MovieConverter Studio will automatically fix for you all your difficulties:
- Adaptation to your Television Standard (videos will be conformed ...but without jerking),
- Detection of Anamorphics files (your movies will no more be deformed after encoding),
- Automatic interlacing management (depending on your devices), to always preserve the maximum of informations. The broadcast on TV will always display frames properly and in good order.
- Ability to transform any video from 4:3 to 16:9 (whatever its size or interlacing),
But MovieConverter manages simple videos too ;-)
- To convert for editing (iMovie) or for broadcasting...
- To convert to iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... and for your multimedia disk (up to HD Ready).
- To convert to DVD, prepare and burn your DVD (with chapterized videos, and animated menus always in full screen whatever your TV type).
- Customizable presets to load multiple files at once (e.g.: with your accurate settings),
- And ability to override all automatisms (...reserved for experts only).