CNET Editors' review
Good video editing software can take something that looks like it was shot with a cell phone and turn it into a slick, professional-looking production. Movavi Video Editor is good video editing software. It can edit, cut, splice, and alter your videos, clean them up, sync sound and music to images, create customized titles with text and animation, split audio and video tracks, and much more. It also captures screen video and audio and saves video and still images in a range of widely compatible formats.
Movavi's main interface is an up-to-date dark gray design divided into three parts: a video player, a tabbed control panel, and a work bar displaying open files. File, Edit, Playback, and Help menus round out the taskbar. Tabbed controls make it easy to import, edit, and export videos, create text for titles, insert captions, create transitions, and even include special effects. The main display functions like any media player, only with optional special effects such as different transparency levels and a sliding time line control that supports up to 100 different and separate audio, video, and title tracks. The player's picture is clear and accurate, too.
Movavi Video Editor's free 30-day trial version puts a watermark on the files it creates and installs desktop icons without asking. The full version costs $39.99, a lot less than some well-known video editors that don't offer much more. It's ready for 64-bit versions of Windows, including Vista. If you're looking for an affordable, comprehensive, easy-to-use video editing suite, Movavi's got it.
Movavi Video Editor is an effective yet easy-to-operate program for video editing and quality improvement. Key Features: Separate video, audio, and title tracks of the timeline panel: Separate tracks for videos and images, audio, and titles. Support for up to 100 tracks on the timeline. "Solo" and "Mute" track modes for convenient editing. Customizable text titles: you can change font color, size, style, and alignment, set title animation style, transparency, speed, and duration of movement. New convenient time bar showing the exact time of any video fragment of your project.Wide range of supported formats and unique input media sources: Video Formats: AVI (including DivX, XviD, MJPEG, and other codecs), DV AVI, MPEG 1, 2, MP4 (including H.263, H.264, and other codecs), Windows Media Video (WMV, ASF), 3GP (3GPP, 3GPP2), QuickTime (MOV, QT), DVD (VOB, IFO), MOD, DAT (VCD, SVCD), M2T, MTS, MKV, VRO, and Flash (FLV). Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, and AAC. Image Formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG. Use all available video and audio capturing sources screencast, camcorders, TV-tuners and VHS capture devices.
What's new in this version: Version 7.4 fixes some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Edit video with music, images and effect in a professional way.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Edit video, audio, image in timeline panel with special effects...
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Edit your creative videos with stunning effects.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Convert video, edit 2D and 3D video, record screen, burn Blu-ra...
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Create and edit movies using your video, audio, and photos.
- Create and edit professionally looking videos.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Merge and combine VOB and MPEG files.
- Find and download videos from YouTube, VideU, and MyVideo Web s...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play all multimedia files and find subtitles automatically.
- Remove unwanted people and objects from pictures without leavin...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Automate offloading for HD digital media.
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Create interactive Flash galleries applying professional effect...
All versions:1.1 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Abosilutley useless software!"
Version: Movavi Video Editor 7.4
It waste your time if you have nothing to do!
Its sketchy, unstable, allways crashes, jumps around on playback, really un-smotth playnabck when you add fades or effects, keeps jumping back to begginign when your editing in the middle, Can easily add a clip in between it messes the whole timeline and sync up, it lost 6 hours of work TWICE when it crashes as its auto back up replaced my work with a emty project! Nothing good to say about it at all.
Please dont waste your time, thats all I can say, I bought a video editor on the iphone for 69p as an app which was better thab this by far!! this is in regards to version 11 and all the updates, oh and by the way, the support was just as useless...
"horrible! Do not use!"
Version: Movavi Video Editor 7.4
none! IT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!
well right now it says that I have been waiting on it to finsh saving my video for an hour and earlier it told me that i still had like 18 hours left of saving to go. You won't beleive this but now it says that i have 63 hours to go and after an hour of waiting for the 12 minute video i need for school, I'm only 4% of the way done saving! It is 2 am and I need to get sleep but I have to wait and see what this dumb thing decides to do. Its too late to go back and try something else because I need it done! What should I do? will it really take this long to save?