From T. Slivnik & Associates:
On most Unix-based operating systems, filesystems to be mounted at system startup are listed in the /etc/fstab file. The format of this file is described in the fstab(5) man page. While Mac OS X supports /etc/fstab, the preferred method on Mac OS X for specifying filesystems to be mounted at startup is NefInfo. Whilst Mac OS X will automatically mount all filesystems listed in NetInfo and UFS and HFS filesystems listed in /etc/fstab at startup, it will ignore the lines in /etc/fstab referring to NFS filesystems, not mounting them, despite the fact that the mount_nfs(8) man page states otherwise. MountNFS is a little startup item which restores the missing functionality. Once this item is installed, NFS filesystems listed in /etc/fstab will be automatically mounted at system startup.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Interface builder palette.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Calculate BPM, determine harmonic keys.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Command-line file transfer tool.
- CD/DVD recording app for burning hybrids, cue/bin files.