From T. Slivnik & Associates:
On most Unix-based operating systems, filesystems to be mounted at system startup are listed in the /etc/fstab file. The format of this file is described in the fstab(5) man page. While Mac OS X supports /etc/fstab, the preferred method on Mac OS X for specifying filesystems to be mounted at startup is NefInfo. Whilst Mac OS X will automatically mount all filesystems listed in NetInfo and UFS and HFS filesystems listed in /etc/fstab at startup, it will ignore the lines in /etc/fstab referring to NFS filesystems, not mounting them, despite the fact that the mount_nfs(8) man page states otherwise. MountNFS is a little startup item which restores the missing functionality. Once this item is installed, NFS filesystems listed in /etc/fstab will be automatically mounted at system startup.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Interface builder palette.
- Utility that cleans, optimizes, and creates bootable backups.
- Calculate BPM, determine harmonic keys.
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Sync any number of folders on the fly at changes, or connecting...
- Just another GUI for diskutil to mount / unmount volumes.
- Fix damaged AppleWorks docs.
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.
- CD/DVD recording app for burning hybrids, cue/bin files.