CNET Editors' review
Mindful is a multifeatured reminder and password manager that provides users with a variety of ways to keep track of things. The intuitive interface makes the program easy to use, but we did notice a few annoying quirks.
Mindful's interface isn't beautiful, but it's easy enough to understand and navigate. The program's main screen displays a simple list of upcoming events; there is no calendar or planner-style display. The password manager allows users to store log-in information for their various accounts in one place, protected by a master password, and the Hot Keys feature is a nice bonus. With this feature, users can have the program log in for them automatically with a simple, user-defined key combination. For example, we logged into a Web site by pressing Control+Shift+L; the program typed our username, tabbed over, and entered our password. This eliminates the need to remember multiple log-in and password combinations. A few other tools--a calendar, password generator, countdown time, and date calculator--round out the program. The built-in Help file provides adequate instructions.
Our main quibbles with Mindful have to do with its functionality. It seems that when it's running, our screen periodically flashes, as if it's refreshing. And the shadow associated with one of the program's drop-down menus remained after the menu--and the program--were closed, which was annoying and hard to get rid of.
Mindful has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program but with reservations; we like its features, but a couple of irritating habits mar the user experience.
Mindful combines an event reminder, password manager and many related tools into a simple system tray application. The event reminder in Mindful helps you remember appointments, meetings, anniversaries, statutory holidays, TV shows, payments due or any other events that occur over time - repeatedly or not - and that you don't want to miss. The password manager in Mindful provides a secure central repository for all the logon details for your Internet accounts and password-protected applications. Instead of using the same password over and over, you can use complex passwords that differ between accounts, making it much safer than using the same password everywhere without the need to remember any of them except your master password, which gives you access to your entire list of user accounts. Mindful is simple, but loaded with features and tools that can be used day after day, all year long. It consumes very few resources and resides in the notification area when minimized.
Version 2.2 adds new password manager.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2 adds new password manager.
More Products to Consider
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Get reminded on events and memorize passwords.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Make photo calendars from your Facebook photos with ease.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Set reminders for important events or tasks.
- Track, display, and get reminders of birthdays, anniversaries, ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Manage, protect, and encrypt passwords and personal info.
- Plan and organize events, tasks, GMail checker, notes, RSS feed...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Remember all important events that occur annually such as birth...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Set desktop calendar with events, tasks, GMail checker, notes, ...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Keep track of your daily deeds.
- Get reminder alerts on birthdays of your friends and families.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Schedule events, then print, and display each month.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 24 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Mindful 2.2
I love this little program. Keeps my bills organized so I know at a glance whats due. Keeps track of appts.and whatever else I need to keep track of. Just entered a date to remind me to use Frontline on the dogs. This is the 3rd computer I've used Mindful on.
No cons. But I'd like more options for making it prettier. Yea..lame I know.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: