CNET Editors' review
If you're not a fan of viewing YouTube in your browser because of Flash problems or other issues, a standalone YouTube app might be a good idea. MediaTube for Mac is a basic program that lets you search and view YouTube videos without using your browser. It works, but we weren't particularly impressed with its features or interface.
MediaTube's appearance is somewhat iTunes-inspired, particularly the Cover Flow-style video preview pane. The program is easy enough to figure out; there's a search box and controls for playing, pausing, and stopping videos. What we didn't love about MediaTube was that it shows its search results in an oddly fragmented way; a pane on the left shows all the video titles, while the preview pane displays thumbnails of each video. Having the video titles so separate from the videos, themselves, was odd and hard to process, visually. The program's limited features include a fullscreen mode and the ability to go directly to a specific video if you know the video's URL. Don't be fooled by the Download item on the toolbar; you'll think that you can download the audio of a video as an MP3, but it turns out that you'll have to install a separate program to do this. MediaTube doesn't come with a Help file, but it's hard to fault a program with so few features for not including documentation.
MediaTube for Mac installs and uninstalls without issues; but while it is functional, it doesn't seem to offer enough to make it better than using your browser.
If you like to watch video on YouTube and don't like to use browser for it, because Flash heavily loads your computer. Then MediaTube is an awesome choice for you. With the help of MediaTube you can watch YouTube video and there is no necessity in installing and starting Flash. Only video with the opportunity to choose preferable quality and no advertising and comments. It's easy and pleasant to watch YouTube video with the help of MediaTube. You can easily find video clips you need. Or you can watch them one after another, moving through suggested related clips. In addition, there is an opportunity to save audio tracks in MP3 or AAC formats from the clips you like. Download MediaTube and estimate its simplicity and ease of use. Have a nice YouTube watching.
What's new in this version:
- Mountain Lion support
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Find, view, manage & share YouTube videos from your desktop, ta...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Simple batch audio and video conversion.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Download YouTube HD movie or video and convert YouTube HD video...
- Put an end to YouTube video ads.
- Audio & video converter with built-in presets and intuitive int...
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content