CNET Editors' review
If you're a heavy user of e-mail attachments, you know how tedious it can be to download them individually and make sure that they're saved in the right location. But they can also take up a lot space within your e-mail account, so letting them hang out there isn't always a great idea, either. Mail Attachment Editor is an innovative program that can automatically find and download your e-mail attachments and save them wherever you'd like. We haven't seen anything quite like it, and we were very impressed with both its ease of use and its effectiveness.
Based on our experiences with other programs that access e-mail accounts for one reason or another, we were expecting to have to spend a lot of time fiddling with Mail Attachment Downloader's settings in order to get it to connect. But that turned out not to be the case at all. We entered our e-mail username and password and the program connected in a matter of moments. We were excited to see that the program let us access not only the contents of our inbox, but also all the other folders within our e-mail account. The program has advanced search filters that let you search for particular attachment file types, dates, senders and recipients, subjects, and more. You can have the program automatically create folders for individual senders or folders that correspond with those within the e-mail account. Mail Attachment Downloader can be scheduled to run automatically at user-defined intervals, making it possible to keep up-to-date copies of all attachments on desktops. The program has a brief built-in Help file, but we didn't need to consult it; the intuitive interface makes everything easy to figure out. Overall, we were very impressed with Mail Attachment Downloader, and we think it's a great tool for anyone who works with e-mail attachments with any regularity.
Mail Attachment Downloader installs and uninstalls without issues.
Mail Attachment Downloader downloads all your e-mail attachments at-once based on your search preference. It leaves all your mail on your server and will not interfere with any other email programs you use today to download your mail. You can setup various filters, like size, file type, who it is from, subject of e-mail, date and time stamp, to specify what you want to download. You can also setup a schedule where-in the program fetches attachments on a regular basis in the background when the program is running. The program is minimized to your system tray and will notify you of downloads in real-time. Mail Attachment Downloader works with any POP3 or IMAP service. IMAP service is preferred.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3 introduces support for inline attachment downloads.
More Products to Consider
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Save and restore complete archives of your Gmail e-mail account...
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Communicate within the company through LAN.
- Get notified to the email alerts and create custom notification...
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Monitor your Windows event logs.
- Collect and illustrate your ideas, thoughts, and tasks to enhan...
- Update Eudora's mailbox table of content or mailbox files.
- Manage files with multi-tabbed, dual panel commander with many ...
- Detect intruders with Webcams in your room and be alerted by e-...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Design and print business cards, postcards, letterheads, and ot...
- Manage email groups by interacting with default email app.
- Exploit your webcams and microphones to detect and record movem...
- Listen to music using a player focused solely on listening expe...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Inconvenient GUI, couldn't connect to Yahoo email"
Version: Mail Attachment Downloader 2.3
None - doesn't work with Yahoo email.
(Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 platform):
1. Could not paste Yahoo email password from clipboard. Inconvenient to re-type hashed "strong" passwords.
2. Could not connect to Yahoo email server. Tried different accounts, passwords. Zonealarm firewall set to "trust" application, verified setting.
Essentially does not work with Yahoo email. I don't have the time or resources to debug freeware that doesn't work.
"Preventing shut downs or restarts"
Version: Mail Attachment Downloader 2.3
does what i need, nicely
preventing shut downs or restarts without terminating. pls fix
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: