CNET Editors' review
If you're a heavy user of e-mail attachments, you know how tedious it can be to download them individually and make sure that they're saved in the right location. But they can also take up a lot space within your e-mail account, so letting them hang out there isn't always a great idea, either. Mail Attachment Editor is an innovative program that can automatically find and download your e-mail attachments and save them wherever you'd like. We haven't seen anything quite like it, and we were very impressed with both its ease of use and its effectiveness.
Based on our experiences with other programs that access e-mail accounts for one reason or another, we were expecting to have to spend a lot of time fiddling with Mail Attachment Downloader's settings in order to get it to connect. But that turned out not to be the case at all. We entered our e-mail username and password and the program connected in a matter of moments. We were excited to see that the program let us access not only the contents of our inbox, but also all the other folders within our e-mail account. The program has advanced search filters that let you search for particular attachment file types, dates, senders and recipients, subjects, and more. You can have the program automatically create folders for individual senders or folders that correspond with those within the e-mail account. Mail Attachment Downloader can be scheduled to run automatically at user-defined intervals, making it possible to keep up-to-date copies of all attachments on desktops. The program has a brief built-in Help file, but we didn't need to consult it; the intuitive interface makes everything easy to figure out. Overall, we were very impressed with Mail Attachment Downloader, and we think it's a great tool for anyone who works with e-mail attachments with any regularity.
Mail Attachment Downloader installs and uninstalls without issues.
Mail Attachment Downloader downloads all your e-mail attachments at-once based on your search preference. It leaves all your mail on your server and will not interfere with any other email programs you use today to download your mail. You can setup various filters, like size, file type, who it is from, subject of e-mail, date and time stamp, to specify what you want to download. You can also setup a schedule where-in the program fetches attachments on a regular basis in the background when the program is running. The program is minimized to your system tray and will notify you of downloads in real-time. Mail Attachment Downloader works with any POP3 or IMAP service. IMAP service is preferred.
The PRO version provides automation capability for your business to process and audit attachments automatically.
What's new in this version: Version 2.4 build 725 includes reduced timeouts, critical fix to POP3 connectivity, ability to download inlined attachments, better Exchange support, flexible naming of files, ability to copy/paste into the save directory and critical fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Extract e-mail attachments automatically and only what you want...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Extract e-mail attachments and images from your Outlook mail fo...
- Manage email groups by interacting with default email app.
- Make the "Compose" box of Gmail larger than standard in Google ...
- Add new shortcuts to your send to menu.
- Extract attachments and e-mails from your Outlook folders in on...
- Manage and send marketing e-mails.
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Save anonymous messages in a certain directory and delete only ...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great program, great support, powerfull solution !"
Version: Mail Attachment Downloader 2.4
I just love the way of managing mail data by this powerfull tool. After testing it for 10 minutes i bought it. The pro version runs smooth and fast. The layout is easy to understood, even for non programmers.
When you need special build filter, there are very handy ways for like !!((?i)(firstname.lastname@example.org))... ( will match case insensitive (?i) ) etc etc .. a realy must have for the professional email attachement filter jobs.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: