From Synium Software:
MacFamilyTree makes it easy to enter and then visualize your family history. Be it creating reports, diagrams or browsing your data in the innovative 3D view called Virtual Tree - MacFamilyTree offers a solution for every task. Get an overview of where you hail from and maybe enthuse your relatives about exploring your family's past at your upcoming family reunion. In its sixth iteration, MacFamilyTree 6 raises the bar even higher and offers a new user interface, more and better charts as well as reports, integration of "New FamilySearch", ToDo management, web research and several more features. MacFamilyTree 6 is built for Mac; and only for Mac using the latest Apple technologies.
What's new in this version:
- Norwegian localization fixed
- French localization fixed
- Swedish localization fixed
- Alignment fixed in the Notes and Sources sections
- Fixes for the Plausibility Report
- FamilySearch login issues fixed
- Family Quiz localization issues fixed
- Name Distribution Chart saving issue fixed
- Several stability improvements
More Products to Consider
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Family tree software for the Macintosh, document, store, and di...
- Disk cataloging & labeling app.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Database of every Mac model and other Apple hardware.
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Design/print avery labels, business cards, dividers, t-shirt tr...
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Distraction-free, attractive way to read long texts.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Make writing a personal diary easy and fun.
- Practice your mouse skills while playing a game.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Scrabbler Aid helps you practice your Scrabbler skills.
- Unlock over 1200 hidden features in Mac OS X and other apps.
- Keep track of any Topic that can be described in four parameter...
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Securely and automatically log into websites and store private ...
- Catalog book, music and video collections automatically.
- One clipboard for all your Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
- My Library was developed to help Users manage the books in thei...
- Analyse, remove, archive and restore application files and inst...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 78 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.3.8
Import/ export capabilities
Synchronisation with mobile devices
Publishing to http://www.macfamilytree.com/
Regular free updates
Can be little hard to get used to
I've been using Synium MacFamilyTree since version 6.1 in 2011 (now 6.3.8) and have never had a problem. I am a bit of a beginner and found it a little hard at the start but didn't have any problem importing a GEDCOM of a family tree I had been working on in a Windows applications.
Of particular use to me has been the version I have on my iPad which I can do work on and then come back and synchronise with what's on my iMac. It works seamlessly.
I see that others have had problems but I hav not had any of these experiences.
Upgrades have been regular and useful.
"DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.2.1
It worked until they issued an update.
Abysmal customer support.
On Wednesday 14 December 2011, I updated my MacFamilyTree software with 6.2 as recommended in software updates on my Mac (running OSX Lion). Prior to updating I was not having any trouble with MacFamilyTree; I did not ask for the update; I did not require the update. After I updated, the program crashed. I contacted the company, Synium, and sent my crash log; they did nothing.
On Friday 16 December 2011, I updated with the 6.2.1 update which they issued in order to fix the crash; it did nothing. Again I sent them the crash report.
This morning, Monday 19 December 2011, I received an email from them. They actually had the nerve to send me an update this morning called 6.2.2 which is nothing more than a new version of MacFamilyTree. They have done ABSOLUTELY nothing to help me restore the huge database I lost because of their update.
DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE. The support people clearly have no clue about what they are doing. So now I have software on my computer that is completely unusable (by the way I paid full price for it through their website). I have lost my entire family tree on my Mac, although I do have backups on my iPad and iPhone; however the backups no longer interface with the software.
"Stay away from this product"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b15
It hasn't formatted my hard drive...yet
Horrific customer service
Setting a simple property requires digging many levels deep, it would take forever for a person to enter the most basic information with this app.
I'd be very careful about choosing this software. The interface is clunky at best, often requiring digging 5+ levels deep just to inter a simple piece of information. There are tons of bugs and customer service is practicably nonexistent. When they do respond they lie through their teeth.
I'd highly recommend looking at the other programs in this category and steering clear of anything made by Synium.
"Reunion is better"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b8
No reason to switch from Reunion
"Great for Macs"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b2
Generally easy to use. Visually pleasing interface.
Not simple to send to non-Mac users in an editable form.
GEDCOM input not intuitive and questionable when overlaying different branches of same family.
Suits my needs. Would like to see ability to send/receive editable reports to/from other family members. Something akin to editable PDF would be great, especially at the person report level. This would resolve cross-platform problems.
"Nice program, reporting is not flexible"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.9
Very nice visually, easy to use. Can support large number of entry.
Cannot transfer data into Excel sheet for exemple, that would help to sort family that have missing info. Cannot chose what to see in report, not flexible enough.
Familytree must work on reporting.
"Good but navigation is tough. Hard to share info."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.9
Easy entry. Captures most relevant data.
Can't send a neat picture of a tree to other family members. There should be a family tree "reader" so that others can at least view the reports and trees. I have resorted to building tree diagrams in excel or word to share information.
Best you can get for the Mac.
"Good basic genealogy program."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.7
Good choice of viewing options.
"Intuitive enough for beginner, complete enough for pros"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.7
The dev team constantly find new ways to use the existing data, as well as finding new ways to add to its value with timely innovative upgrades. One of those products you can really enjoy using.
None that immediately come to mind.
Fun product to use regardless of how deep you are into genealogy.
"simple software lacking in printing features."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.6
Easy to input data. Easy to see different graphics
cannot customize graphic output. A real minus
Easy to use. Easy to view screen charts. Impossible to cutomize charts for printing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: