CNET Editors' review
As you might expect from its name, this encryption program hides and encrypts important files. It performed well once we applied our administrator settings, but it came with one of the stingiest trial periods we've ever seen.
Lock and Hide Folder has a very basic user interface that proved simple to navigate. Large menu buttons at the top of the window make it easy to add, remove, hide, and show important files. The program uses 256-bit Blowfish encryption to keep your folders safely protected. It's not password-protected when you first access it, so you'll have to go into the Settings menu to create one. Once we entered and confirmed our password, we were asked to run the program as an administrator to apply the password settings. Adding files was extremely easy, as was hiding them from view. As soon as we clicked OK, the folder disappeared instantly. Although we could put the program into stealth mode, doing so didn't prevent us from being able to locate and uninstall it. This may be a trial restriction, but that wasn't indicated.
Each time we accessed the program, a nag screen reminded us of its ridiculously short, 3-day trial period. If you're willing to make up your mind fast, this is one of the easiest programs to use that we've ever tried. It is suitable for any level user.
From UP Software:
Lock and Hide Folder provides a quick and simple way to protect sensitive folders on your computer from employers, children, your spouse, and anyone else who uses your computer, including law enforcement and hackers. Simply select the folders you would like to hide and with a click the program will lock and hide them. The program can run in complete stealth mode hidden from any users. Hidden folders cannot be seen, indexed, or accessed without running Lock and Hide Folder and knowing the password. Thus, removing the program, booting to Safe Mode, reinstalling Windows, or formatting a hard drive only to recover hidden folders will not work to expose your hidden folders.
What's new in this version: Version 2.8 adds backup function.
More Products to Consider
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Lock your files and folders to protect them from unauthorized a...
- Hide or encrypt any file with a password using the government's...
- Protect your folders with a password.
- Hide files, folders, and drives and lock them with a password.
- Hide, lock, and password-protect your files and folders in seco...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Lock, hide, encrypt, backup, password-protect your files, folde...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Hide your private folders from others.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Lock folders and protect them from unauthorized persons.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Don't buy it."
Version: Lock and Hide Folder 2.8
Make me sad.
just pay and try out this product.
after I reboot my computer, I can't not find all hidden folders back.
their toll free number for customer service doesn't work.
no one reply my email until now.
all my important files are gone.
1. All my important files and data gone forever. so depressed now. :(
2. As their website say "We are here to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." Lie?