CNET Editors' review
LiteCam records video of onscreen activity that you can use in presentations, lessons, manuals, e-greetings, archiving...anything that you can improve with video clips. It not only records video, screenshots, and Webcams but also game activity. It can record and insert picture-in-picture video, so you can record your victories and post the clips online with embedded video of yourself while playing, or insert instructions and comments to create educational and training videos. LiteCam also offers Draw-on-Screen, customizable opacity, and file conversion capabilities. LiteCam's Evaluation release is free to try for 30 days, though it places a watermark on output.
LiteCam's installer displayed our account name and our download's Evaluation status. The registration screen required something in the Company field to activate the Next button. We typed in "x," which was sufficient. LiteCam's Start Menu folder contains four shortcuts: LiteCam, LiteCam Info, LiteCam Website, and Uninstall LiteCam. LiteCam's user interface takes its visual and functional clues from Office, especially with its Ribbon-style toolbar, though instead of a Start button, LiteCam sports a series of quick-access icons on the left end of the Title Bar, with the same commands duplicated in the File Menu and a sidebar: Record Video, Record Screen, Record Game, Record Webcam, and Convert Video File.
The Ribbon-style toolbar offers some advantages; for example, the Home tab contains a set of player controls under Record/Play and a Recording Mode section that lets users select their recording window with a click from Rectangle, Window, Program, Full Screen, and Recording Preview. Clicking one of the Record buttons alters the Home tab's controls to just those feature needs. Each recording choice also displays controls and settings specific to each one in the main window. Under Record Game, we could set Audio Format and Device, Frames per Second, Location, and other options.
Clicking Record brought us dialogs for selecting output format and other options, plus one warning us about the Evaluation watermark. But the program minimized itself, leaving behind an ultrasimple box in the notification area containing Stop and Pause buttons and a neat little Drawing tool. The watermark doesn't obscure LiteCam's quality or versatility, and the full version is worth the cost.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of LiteCam 3.8.
liteCam HD is the most easy-to-use computer screen recorder for Windows users that helps create professional-looking HD videos in no time! Simply record anything on your PC screen with audio to teach, demonstrate, present, create video tutorials and much more. Its easy and powerful interface makes quick recording and reduces complex settings. For example, most frequently used features are displayed in the Tool bar as a shortcut in the program windows so that a non-techie can start to record without studying how to use the program. In addition, Its user friendly interface navigates how to use a number of comprehensive options quickly for tech savvy.
You can record streaming videos that cannot be downloaded as files. And create video tutorials to explain how to do something on a computer. Record important Skype video chats and calls. Save online web conferences video with audio, capturing all presentation contents and annotations. It offers special game recording mode for capturing most DirectX 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL games. This brilliant game recording mode allows upto 3 times faster than any general recording or video recording mode.
liteCam HD has unique audio and voice recording function to record any sounds on a computer and convert the recordings to WAV, MP3, or WMA format. In addition, it can extract sound/audio or background music from your recorded video. Record webcam conversation, draw on screen while recording, record mouse pointer with effects, add title and ending credits, and logo, schedule time to record, and take screenshots from your video. In one click, you can convert all your video and audio files into iPhone, iPad, or any Android device format. liteCam HD is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 and it works well windows 64 bit machine.
With liteCam HD you can easily capture any onscreen activities to fulfill all your recording needs. Download liteCam HD for free today.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Record the desktop screen of your Windows machine.
- Record webcam and screen video.
- Record Webcam images and streaming video.
- Create demos by capturing and recording your PC screen and audi...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Decode and encode HD videos.
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Convert DVD videos and movies into iPhone format.
- Capture video stream from multiple webcams.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Capture video, audio, and pictures of anything you see on your ...
- Capture video and audio of your desktop activities.
- Rip DVD movies to videos playable on Windows Mobile phone.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Build interactive presentations, information, advertisement, di...
- Convert DVD to HD Format, rip DVD to iPod, iPhone, PSP, mobile ...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert DVD movie and extract audio to iPod format.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 42 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Extraordinarily EASY TO USE!"
Version: LiteCam HD 4.2
- INTUITIVE AND EASY TO LEARN!
- GREAT FOR GAME!
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!
The trial version is fully functional with only minor limitations: 1 GB file size and 15 minute time limit.
I'm rating liteCam five stars without hesitation. Its software is simple and easy to use.
"One Simple Feature Missing"
Version: LiteCam HD 4.2
-Pretty nice interface and usability
-Allows for webcam overlay
-Only allows for using one audio device at a time for recording
I really wish I could use this software. It allows for game recording, but it only allows you to record from one device at a time, which means I can't record both computer and microphone sounds!
Who's idea was it to allow users to record games but don't give us freedom to record proper Let's Plays?