CNET Editors' review
LiteCam records video of onscreen activity that you can use in presentations, lessons, manuals, e-greetings, archiving...anything that you can improve with video clips. It not only records video, screenshots, and Webcams but also game activity. It can record and insert picture-in-picture video, so you can record your victories and post the clips online with embedded video of yourself while playing, or insert instructions and comments to create educational and training videos. LiteCam also offers Draw-on-Screen, customizable opacity, and file conversion capabilities. LiteCam's Evaluation release is free to try for 30 days, though it places a watermark on output.
LiteCam's installer displayed our account name and our download's Evaluation status. The registration screen required something in the Company field to activate the Next button. We typed in "x," which was sufficient. LiteCam's Start Menu folder contains four shortcuts: LiteCam, LiteCam Info, LiteCam Website, and Uninstall LiteCam. LiteCam's user interface takes its visual and functional clues from Office, especially with its Ribbon-style toolbar, though instead of a Start button, LiteCam sports a series of quick-access icons on the left end of the Title Bar, with the same commands duplicated in the File Menu and a sidebar: Record Video, Record Screen, Record Game, Record Webcam, and Convert Video File.
The Ribbon-style toolbar offers some advantages; for example, the Home tab contains a set of player controls under Record/Play and a Recording Mode section that lets users select their recording window with a click from Rectangle, Window, Program, Full Screen, and Recording Preview. Clicking one of the Record buttons alters the Home tab's controls to just those feature needs. Each recording choice also displays controls and settings specific to each one in the main window. Under Record Game, we could set Audio Format and Device, Frames per Second, Location, and other options.
Clicking Record brought us dialogs for selecting output format and other options, plus one warning us about the Evaluation watermark. But the program minimized itself, leaving behind an ultrasimple box in the notification area containing Stop and Pause buttons and a neat little Drawing tool. The watermark doesn't obscure LiteCam's quality or versatility, and the full version is worth the cost.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of LiteCam 3.8.LiteCam HD - Capture HD videos from your screen - Download Video Previews:
liteCam HD is the most easy-to-use computer screen recorder for Windows that can help create professional-looking HD videos in no time! liteCam also has simple video editing functions such as video trimming, drawing, title/ending & credits/logo insertion and mouse cursor effects. Simply record anything on your PC screen with audio inorder to teach, demonstrate, present, create video tutorials and much more. Its easy and powerful interface makes quick recording and reduces complex settings. For example, most frequently used features are displayed in the Tool bar as a shortcut in the program windows so that a non-techie can start to record without studying how to use the program. In addition, Its user friendly interface navigates how to use a number of comprehensive options quickly for tech savvy.
You can record streaming videos that cannot be downloaded as files. And create video tutorials to explain how to do something on a computer. Record important Skype video chats and calls. Save online web conferences video with audio, capturing all presentation contents and annotations. It offers special game recording mode for capturing most DirectX 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL games. This brilliant game recording mode allows upto 3 times faster than any general recording or video recording mode.
liteCam HD has unique audio and voice recording function to record any sounds on a computer and convert the recordings to WAV, MP3, or WMA format. In addition, it can extract sound/audio or background music from your recorded video. Record webcam conversation, draw on screen while recording, record mouse pointer with effects, add title and ending credits, and logo, schedule time to record, and take screenshots from your video. In one click, you can convert all your video and audio files into iPhone, iPad, or any Android device format. liteCam HD is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 and it works well windows 64 bit machine.
With liteCam HD you can easily capture any onscreen activities to fulfill all your recording needs.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199:
- Reduce lagging on game while recording(Beta).
- The default Codec for Video Recording and Game Recording been changed to 'RSUPPORT MPEG-4 Video Codec'.
- Transparency settings for PIP added: When recording PIP in Game Recording Mode.
- Dual Sound recording setting added.
- Support conversion of videos recorded using 'RSUPPORT MPEG-4 Video Codec'.
- Support conversion of videos with 1920 x 1280 resolution or higher.
- Exception han... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Record the desktop screen of your Windows machine.
- Record Webcam images and streaming video.
- Record webcam and screen video.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Capture video and audio of your desktop activities.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Build interactive presentations, information, advertisement, di...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Capture Web video and online TV from your Windows PC.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Create demos by capturing and recording your PC screen and audi...
- Capture video, audio, and pictures of anything you see on your ...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Record desktop motion and sound, capture camera and microphone.
- Take video captures of your favorite games along with sound.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 77 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best Screen Recording program!"
Version: LiteCam HD 188.8.131.52
Excellent user friendly interface.
Rendering videos in different video formats.
so many other tools need to try out first :DD
None Cons, which i know of found in trial version :D