Lighthouse is a dynamic port forwarding utility, allowing you to enable and disable port forwardings with just a single click. Both NAT/PMP (Apple Airport base stations) and UPnP (D-Link, Linksys, Netgear) protocols are supported.
Port forwardings are frequently necessary for tools such as instant messengers, file-sharing utilities and other networked applications that are run from behind a NAT gateway (read: a home network router). Being able to dynamically manage your port forwardings saves you from all the hassles of having to deal with cumbersome static forwardings.
- Start and stop port forwardings with a single click
- Lives in your menu bar - always easily accessible
- Automatically start port forwardings when applications are launched
- Automatically start Lighthouse when you log into MacOS X
- Supports NAT/PMP routers (such as Apple Airport base stations)
- Supports UPnP routers (such as D-Link, Linksys or Netgear branded routers)
- Support for Growl notifications
- Comes with pre-made port mapping profiles for popular applications
What's new in this version:
- Due to a failure of our storage system, some users were accidentally served an old pre-release build instead of proper 1.2.6 yesterday. 1.2.7 is released to make sure that everyone indeed downloaded the correct version.
- Improved UPnP-support for older routers.
- Minor Snow-Leopard compatibility fixes.