CNET Editors' review
Many people believe their dreams reveal deeper insights. Dream journals or dream diaries let dreamers record their dreams while they're still fresh in their minds, which means as soon as they wake up. Lightened Dream is a freeware dream journal, but it also promises to help you understand, interpret, and even control your dreams. While the software is well-executed, the psychological concepts are less convincing. But we think skepticism is a sensible way to approach any such program, let alone one with as many unique twists as Lightened Dream.
LucidCode's highly unusual EULA requires users to swear not to drink or take drugs, engage in certain adult practices, and hew to various vaguely described behaviors, though only those related to the usual distribution and fair use restrictions appear to be enforceable (we hope). Recklessly ignoring these red flags, we pressed on. The complex Explorer-style interface includes separate toolbars for Controls and the program's unique Lucidity features like REM Cycles, Subliminals, Readings, and Recordings. In fact, Lightened Dream includes many highly unique features, such as a Dream Sign Builder and something called a WILD Inducer, and also many controls, features, and options. Few are intuitive in concept, though every function we tried worked well. Recording and saving details about a dream requires some concentration and effort, even when it's a wide-awake simulation. When you're groggy, the bar rises, especially if you're putting all your concentration into recording your dream instead of meeting the new day.
And that brings us to the crux of Lightened Dream and whether it's worth the very considerable time and effort required to adopt (and maintain) an ongoing program to record and analyze one's dreams. Lightened Dream is well-crafted software, whatever can be said about its methods. If you believe that a deeper understanding of your dreams can lead to self-improvement or even enlightenment and are willing to commit to that effort, you're certainly not alone, and you'll probably like Lightened Dream. If you think dreams are more like your brain browsing YouTube while you sleep, there's a better use for your waking hours.
Lightened Dream is a journal designed for dreamers in search of lucidity. It has many extra features and tools for lucid dreaming. Follow its directions and you will be bending the laws of reality while getting a good nights rest.
What's new in this version: Version 3.3.1:
- Added "Dream Type Count" under the tools menu.
- Fixed a bug in the search function that enabled clicking on the dream count legend and optimized the image search.
- Fixed the keyword list when saving category items.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Learn God's word and hear voice through your dreams and vision.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Create, share, and print id and passport photos.
- Detour the thought of wanting to smoke by putting in some infor...
- View chemical information and perform various mathematical comp...
- Provide newsreader with NZB and RAR support, plus custom settin...
- Track time related with daily tasks.
- Print checks from blank check stock and create pre-printed pers...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Understand the esoteric world of divinatory methods.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A good program"
Version: Lightened Dream III 3.1.1
it real good tool to help organize and remember your dreams
it might take a little practice trying to remember the dreams before you get to the computer to put them in
the bottom line is this is a good program to have
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content