From Programming Sunrise:
KooRaRoo Media is a next generation DLNA server and media organizer allows you to enjoy your home videos, downloaded movies, digital music and those memorable photos on DLNA devices on your home network using KooRaRoo. Use powerful organizing features to create various types of playlists, transcode (convert) on-the-fly media that is not compatible with your device, restrict access to certain files or folders using parental controls, push (play to) content to devices from your PC, automatically catalogue files using metadata. Play backed up DVD images. Download online artwork for music and videos. Burn-in external subtitles (SRT, SMI, SUB) on top of the video for devices that don't support streaming external subtitles. This app is small in size, fast and easy to use.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 adds more parental ratings and allows to rename them, allows to merge multiple disk folders into one folder, adds an option to block streaming during certani hours to certain devices, allows modifying file's sort title, adds burned-in BluRay (PGS) subtitles and more; new and updated devices and lots of other smaller stability and usage improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Handle 2D, 3D, music, and streaming audio and video broadcasts.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Re-encode video for your on-the-go device.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- MEDIA driver.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Enjoy your videos, digital music, and photos on DLNA devices on...
- Image driver.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Watch your multimedia files from your computer on your DLNA com...
- Compose multi-page digital documents with text, photography, or...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Probably the best DLNA Server"
Version: KooRaRoo Media 1.6.2
Very user friendly, totally understandable. Great online support even for the free version.
Nothing to mention
"A speedy alternative to WMP with great product support"
Version: KooRaRoo Media 1.3.5
Much faster than WMP when browsing and playing files on your media streamer
Easy to setup
Great online support
Doesn't yet download missing artwork (although I understand this is planned for a later release)
I chose this as I was looking for a simple alternative to WMP to stream files from a central old laptop to 2 media streamers (Sony SMP-N200 and Pioneer X-SMC3). The difference in speed when accessing and browsing through my files on these streamers is phenomenal! I had previously thought the what was an irritatingly slow browsing speed on my Pioneer was down to either that device or the the fact that I was using an old laptop as a server. However, it transpires that this is just WMP slowing things down. With KooRaRoo the browsing is smooth and fast.
I initially had a problem with album artwork not being displayed on my Pioneer and contacted tech support. The response was excellent and the problem was resolved after logically working through it.
The other pleasing aspect of this product is that it is obviously designed to be compact in disk usage and will run easliy on quite an old computer (1.2GHz AMD Athlon + 512MB RAM).
I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a reasonably priced and efficient Windows based DLNA server.
"Fast and responsive DLNA Server"
Version: KooRaRoo Media 1.0.2
Very responive, no lag when navigating folders on my amplifier
Friendly user interface
Easy to set up and configure
Great support via forum and email
Nothing so far
"Great Media server that does what is says it will"
Version: KooRaRoo Media 1.0.2
Transcodes files for my Sony Bravia without issue.
Streams everything you can throw at it.
Doesn't slow down my host PC.
Graphical interface looks good
10 out of ten for value for money.
Any issues I've had are quickly resolved via the support forum.
None that I have found yet!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content