CNET Editors' review
You're a photographer, and your images are your livelihood. Or you've meticulously scanned and saved all the family photos and want to simultaneously preserve and display them. Or maybe you just don't like strange things happening to your files without your permission or even knowledge, such as your images being resized, their resolutions changed, or image information discarded. For these and other reasons, you may want to give JMC Photo Gallery a try. It's similar to other gallery software, including Microsoft's, but it uses newer technologies like WPF (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0). It promises "Zero Worries and Zero Screw Ups." No matter what you do, intentionally or unintentionally, it never alters existing files. It uses multithreading to quickly load images and generate thumbnails and previews, and it accepts most common image and video formats. There are Slide Show and Movie Player features, too.
This small but efficient and capable gallery software downloads as a zip file but requires no installation; it's accessible immediately after extraction, which also makes it portable. As is typical of photo galleries, it has a stylish, up-to-date interface that neither overpowers nor detracts from the image displays. The program immediately locates image files on your PC and groups them together in angled displays for rapid scanning and sorting, or in more traditional library groupings.
JMC Photo Gallery is freeware that is certified for Windows 7. There is no Help file, and the developer's Web link was inactive when we tested it.
From JMC Spot:
JMC Photo Gallery is similar to Windows Live Photo Gallery and Picasa, but it is using new technologies, C# and WPF (.NET Framework 4.0). Unlike other programs, this one will never change existing user files (Zero Worries and Zero Screw Up). No matter how you break this software or run features unintentionally, your files are always safe from unpredictable damages.
It features multi-threaded design to load image, generate thumb images dynamically, and preview images. Unique Special Modes for massive gallery viewing. It supports various image and video formats including: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, AVI, WMV, MPEG, MP4, and MOV.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 fixed slideshow duration wasn't applied, add slower movie playback.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Perform disk fragmentation and speed up your computer in minute...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Diagnose and fix PC problems, enhance security, and optimize PC...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Tune up and maintain your PC, with anti-spyware, privacy protec...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Preview graphics on right-click context menus.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Select an image file to use as your logon background.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"good but not quite there"
Version: JMC Photo Gallery 3.1.1
work fine as a simple yet functional photo viewer, does not require installation, and I like the interface
work slow on my machine, not very responsive to clicks, and crashed several times while I explore the options
good bunt not quite there, there are a lot more free, light weight and more stable image viewer out there... I deleted it, gone back to my old photo organizer, but with a hope that it will get better someday, it has the potential.