CNET Editors' review
You're a photographer, and your images are your livelihood. Or you've meticulously scanned and saved all the family photos and want to simultaneously preserve and display them. Or maybe you just don't like strange things happening to your files without your permission or even knowledge, such as your images being resized, their resolutions changed, or image information discarded. For these and other reasons, you may want to give JMC Photo Gallery a try. It's similar to other gallery software, including Microsoft's, but it uses newer technologies like WPF (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0). It promises "Zero Worries and Zero Screw Ups." No matter what you do, intentionally or unintentionally, it never alters existing files. It uses multithreading to quickly load images and generate thumbnails and previews, and it accepts most common image and video formats. There are Slide Show and Movie Player features, too.
This small but efficient and capable gallery software downloads as a zip file but requires no installation; it's accessible immediately after extraction, which also makes it portable. As is typical of photo galleries, it has a stylish, up-to-date interface that neither overpowers nor detracts from the image displays. The program immediately locates image files on your PC and groups them together in angled displays for rapid scanning and sorting, or in more traditional library groupings.
JMC Photo Gallery is freeware that is certified for Windows 7. There is no Help file, and the developer's Web link was inactive when we tested it.
From JMC Spot:
JMC Photo Gallery is similar to Windows Live Photo Gallery and Picasa, but it is using new technologies, C# and WPF (.NET Framework 4.0). Unlike other programs, this one will never change existing user files (Zero Worries and Zero Screw Up). No matter how you break this software or run features unintentionally, your files are always safe from unpredictable damages.
It features multi-threaded design to load image, generate thumb images dynamically, and preview images. Unique Special Modes for massive gallery viewing. It supports various image and video formats including: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, AVI, WMV, MPEG, MP4, and MOV.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11 fixed slideshow duration wasn't applied, add slower movie playback.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and distribute your own screensaver with images, audio, ...
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Create excellent slideshow albums with your own pictures and co...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create your own professional screen saver using your favorite i...
- View Madonna and child images by Rennaissance artists.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Watch a true lightning storm on your desktop.
- View Aston Martin screensaver on your desktop.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Enjoy a slide show of beaches, flowers, animals, waterfalls and...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Display very accurate pictures of Solar System's planets as you...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Record a control's events from any Win32, .Net, WPF application...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Display colorful 3D kaleidoscope patterns on your screen.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"good but not quite there"
Version: JMC Photo Gallery 3.1.1
work fine as a simple yet functional photo viewer, does not require installation, and I like the interface
work slow on my machine, not very responsive to clicks, and crashed several times while I explore the options
good bunt not quite there, there are a lot more free, light weight and more stable image viewer out there... I deleted it, gone back to my old photo organizer, but with a hope that it will get better someday, it has the potential.