CNET Editors' review
There are tons of digital image editors out there to choose from, and picking the best one is often a matter of personal preference. IrfanView Portable is yet another contender in this arena, and while it didn't knock our socks off, it's definitely worth looking at. This program packs a surprising number of features into a relatively lightweight package.
The program's interface is fairly standard for this type of program, with menus and a toolbar across the top. Be prepared for some pretty cluttered screens if you start digging deeply into the menus; the slideshow dialog, for example, is a sea of check boxes, text boxes, radio buttons, and regular buttons. It's not hard to figure out if you take your time, but it can be overwhelming at first glance. IrfanView Portable has a lot of the basic image-editing features, including sharpening, color adjustment, red-eye reduction, cropping, rotating, resizing, and special effects. It also has some features you don't see every day, such as the ability to create panoramic images and highly customized slideshows. The program also supports batch conversion and renaming, allowing users to convert between 17 different file types. A built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by IrfanView Portable; it's not going to replace Photoshop, but it's more comprehensive than we expected. The fact that it will fit on a USB drive makes it all the more attractive.
IrfanView Portable comes as a ZIP file, and it installs and uninstalls without issues.
IrfanView Portable is a compact image viewer and converter. It supports file formats and features. Features include: multi-language support, thumbnail option, pinting, slideshow, toolbar skins, and fast directory browsing. It can batch process images and search, change color depth, scanning, cut/crop, IPTC edit, capturing, loss-less JPG operations, and add effects.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Displays a sorted list of web graphic files.
- Search expose novel functionality from Google's search and map ...
- Launch virtually any program from the taskbar.
- Restore and batch process low-quality JPEG images.
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Change wallpapers based on your specified schedule and image li...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Absolutely outstanding FREE viewer/editor/organizer"
Version: IrfanView Portable 4.33
I love Irfanview and have used it for upwards of 15 years, since Irfan developed it in college. Compact, powerful, and fast, it shows pictures, videos, and even postscript files (with ghostscript installed) It has an excellent resize and edit functions, allowing you to annotate and print out images in a variety of formats. The batch rename/convert and thumbnail features are indispensable. It will do a slideshow of selected images. It will let you email images to a distribution list. And you can add any photoshop filters to texturize, color, or morph images. And it provides basic paint tools for editing. For the features, simplicity, and price Irfanview cannot be beat,
Irfan is not available in a native linux application. I wish I could invoke it from within my email client to scale and resize images I insert in messages, to minimize message size. Maybe it would be nice if it could interface with picasaweb, facebook, etc for fast uploading/editing of images there. I'll stay happy if it never does these things.
Irfanview would get four thumbs up from me if I had the thumbs. I highly recommend this program to people who want a fast, friendly, natural interface for viewing and manipulating their pictures.
"Program for viewing images, video and music files."
Version: IrfanView Portable 4.32
Free, easy to use, easy to install.
The undo feature only goes back one step, other than that can't think of anything.
A great program for image viewing. It also play video and music file.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content