CNET Editors' review
Investigator Report claims that it is "quickly becoming the standard" when it comes to software for private investigators. Although the program seems to have a lot of useful features, we find this a little hard to believe, given its clunky interface.
We were turned off by the program almost immediately when we opened it and the creepy Microsoft Sam text-to-speech voice announced, "Investigator Report." From there, it only got worse; the program announces the name of each module as it's opened, and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn this annoying and pointless feature off. The main menu is a mix of icons and tiny text-only options, and the latter are so small that it's extremely difficult to click on the correct one. The program's features seem useful; there are ways to track clients and to-do lists, manage staff, and more. The interface handles some of these options better than others, but overall, we can't say we were particularly impressed with anything about Investigator Report. For example, the program has menus items for both a Help file and a User Manual, yet neither of these actually do anything when you click on them. Overall, we feel that this program is poorly designed, and what little it supplies in investigator-specific features doesn't make up for its faults.
Investigator Report is free to try, but the trial version doesn't allow users to print. The program installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We do not recommend this program.
The Investigator Report provides a full range of Case & Client Management functionality. It can handle an unlimited number of Cases & Clients. Our Detective Software is ideal for Investigators, Detectives, and Law Enforcement. The Investigator Report is a great tool for Private Eye professionals. The application provides case management, billing, date tracking, and calendaring from a single repository. Investigator Report is quickly becoming the standard for those who want flexibility without sacrificing convenience and ease-of-use. The Investigator Report is available on Macintosh and Windows computers.
What's new in this version: Version 2013 includes expanded reports.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage an unlimited number of legal cases and clients.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Handle every aspect of debt collection business management and ...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Track the time you spend on projects.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Export your time tracking and project management data into diff...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Track your time and generate summary and detailed reports.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Maintain tracking, accounting, and billing of your printing job...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Keep on top of time and project management.
- Log and track your hourly work and expenses.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage your dental clinic's accounting, billing, and inventory.
- Manage your tasks and track your working time.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content