CNET Editors' review
InerziaTimer for Mac installs as a full-featured stopwatch for your desktop, with a countdown timer, chronometer, and alarm clock built into a small, intuitive interface.
This application welcomes the user with a small and unobtrusive interface, which is self-explanatory for anyone who has ever used a stopwatch. The countdown timer includes configurable events when zero is reached. You can play a sound, have your Mac speak any sentence you type into the preferences panel, or launch a file. The chronometer includes a lap function that records each lap time in the window and calculates the lap average when stopped. These times and the average can be saved to a text file. The alarm clock functions exactly as it ought to and also features a countdown to the date and time configured. InerziaTimer for Mac must remain running for the alarm clock to work as there's no background mode, but the app is so lightweight in terms of resources, it hardly matters. We tested out all these functions on our MacBook, found them easy to configure, and everything worked as promised.
A basic, little utility, InerziaTimer for Mac does what it's supposed to and is quite easy to use. Users looking for an easy tool for measuring time intervals would do well to give this one a try.
InerziaTimer is a small and easy to use application that can help you to measure time intervals. Its streamlined graphical user interface is not-intrusive and shows its powerful features at-a-glance. InerziaTimer offers three different sections: - Countdown Set a time interval, using either the keyboard or the knobs, and click Start. Pause and Restart are also available. You can also customize which actions should be executed at the end of the countdown. InerziaTimer supports the following actions: play a sound (and optionally repeat it with a customized volume), speak a sentence (using system default voice), show a dialog and open a file or an application. - Chronometer Just click Start to measure time intervals and Lap times at the selected precision. The application automatically calculate the Lap average and you can also record the Lap list in a text file. Pause and Restart are also available. There is also a special feature where you can measure a time interval and then set the countdown to the same time length, without the need to input it by hand. - Alarm Clock Select a future date and click Set. InerziaTimer will wake you up at the specified date. The Alarm Clock uses the same options as the Countdown. While the Alarm Clock is running, you can still use the Countdown and the Chronometer sections. While the Countdown is limited to a 24 hours interval, the Alarm Clock can be set to whichever date in the future. Any count is active only when InerziaTimer is running. If you quit, any alarm or count will quit with it. InerziaTimer was designed to be a good Mac citizen, with a small sized interface and a small memory footprint: you can leave it running in the background with no influence on system performances.
What's new in this version: Improvements:
- InerziaTimer is now a sandboxed application.
- The application icon is now optimized for Retina display.
- Overall stability. Bugs Fixed:
- Small stability bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Count down time in hours, minutes and seconds.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Customizable calendar: store notes, use icons.
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Simple countdown timer app.
- For image processing & computer vision.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Process files individually.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- Desktop icon organizer.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content