CNET Editors' review
Imagen is an easy-to-use media player that allows users to play sequentially numbered images in succession. With an intuitive interface and support for a wide variety of file formats, Imagen is a fun and versatile multimedia tool.
Imagen's interface is quite intuitive, with a large viewing area and a well-organized menu at the top. Playing a set of images is easy: users simply make sure that the desired files are numbered sequentially and then open the first file in the sequence. The program will ask users to enter their desired frame rate (25 fps is the default), and the selected images will play in sequence. We were impressed that Imagen did not require us to import, drag and drop, or otherwise get our images into the program before they could be played; the entire thing was quite hassle-free. We were also impressed by the large number of different file formats that Imagen supports. There are not only 19 video and image formats, but five audio formats as well, allowing the program to function as a regular media player for audio and video files in addition to its image-playing capabilities. The program's online Help file could be a little more detailed, but isn't bad. Overall, we thought that Imagen was well-designed and fun to use, and that it functioned well both as an image player and a regular media player.
Imagen is free. The program installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
Imagen plays a large sequence of numerated images like any other video clip. When you open a single image, it will scan the folder and detect other images following the same naming convention (e.g. pic00001.jpg, pic00002.jpg, up to pic01999.jpg). It support images in BMP, DIB, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TGA, TIFF, PCX, BAYER, CIN, CVR, RGB, XPM, SGI, and SUN file format. The player supports AVI, MPEG, HAV, FLC, MP3, OGG, and WAV multimedia formats. Video files can be slowed down or speeded-up, screenshots from movies can be saved to disk as image files.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Optimize your photos to take up less disk space.
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert time-lapse, high-speed (CINE, BAYER, IDT RAW), or stop-...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Edit, filter, and convert your video files.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Mix and blend photos and create photo manipulations.
- Resize and convert your image files without affecting the origi...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Scan your hard drive or local devices to get detailed statistic...
- Convert image files between various formats.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Organize, optimize, and share your photo collection with ease.
- Convert flash files to AVI format.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does what it says! Comes unbundled & clean of adware, and easy 2 use"
Version: Imagen 2.4.1
Straightforward, easy AND free! Freezes and isolates video frame by frame. Great for capturing single images.
None I've yet to