CNET Editors' review
ImageConvert is a lightweight and intuitive way to resize images and save them in different file formats. The program doesn't have a lot of features, but it's extremely easy to use and is good at what it does.
The program's interface is very simple, with all of its features displayed on one screen. The only time users have to open anything else is when they select the directory that contains their images. Once that's done, the program shows a list of file names, and users can convert all the images at once or work with them one at a time. From there, users can flip images vertically or horizontally, select color, black and white, or grayscale, and rotate images 90 degrees to the left or right. Select the dimensions if you want to resize your image, and then just click on the button for the appropriate file format; ImageConvert offers PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP, ICON, TIFF, and WMF. The program converts the image and you're done. Although the program's features are minimal, it's just right for users who need to do quick conversions or resizes without fiddling with a bunch of options. The program has no Help file, but we have trouble imagining what anyone could possibly need Help with. Everything about the program is obvious and easy.
ImageConvert is free. It installs politely and uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users who need a fast and simple way to resize and convert their digital images.
ImageConvert is a small tool for converting all or several images from a directory between various formats. You can convert into one format or into several formats parallel. It supports GIF, PNG, ICO, JPEG, TIFF, WMF, and BMP image formats. Moreover, the image resolution could be changed, so that in a snap, all pictures from one folder may have the same format and the same resolution.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert SWF files to FLA format and recover images and texts.
- Batch convert your images into the BMP format.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Resize and convert images in bulk between well known graphic fo...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Convert, resize, and edit your pictures.
- Compress, optimize, and convert your digital photos in batch.
- Manipulate pictures in various formats and track modifications ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- View, browse, edit, and manipulate digital images.
- Flip, mirror, invert, rotate, and resize images.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"excellent program that converts images in all formats"
Version: ImageConvert 1.8
the program is easy to use and works very well
I have nothink to tell for this regard
I recommend the program to anyone who needs it
"Lightweight, does the job, and It couldn't be simpler!"
Version: ImageConvert 1.8
If you want an occasional-use converter, look no further. Only 104k, and free. Just select your file, you're shown a preview of it, click to save the original if you want, click on a box for the format you want to convert it to, and it's done.
None that I've found.
When you download, if you select Run it appears on your screen immediately, where you can test it. If you select Save, you can choose where to keep it - in My Pictures for example, though you might want to create a folder for it, and if you want a shortcut you will need to make your own.
"Conversion results in significant decline in image quality"
Version: ImageConvert 1.5
Does what it says - quickly converts image files.
When converting JPEGs to PNGs, at least (this was the only conversion I tried), the quality of the image is lowered significantly. This is not a problem with the PNG format itself; the resulting images were covered in JPEG compression artifacts.
"slim and simple"
Version: ImageConvert 1.4
(no, i'm not talking about my wife).
This is a very small and simple yet effective program. It is one .exe file and one screen.
To convert, 1) browse for the pic you want to convert, 2) click various options about any changes you want made to size, rotation, etc., and 3) click the type of file you want it conveted to. Done. Voila. Works. Definitely recommend.
This is a .zip file that opens into one .exe file, so there is no auto-installer. You've got to save the .exe file to your computer and create a shortcut, etc.
It is literally one .exe file, so there are no help files. It's not difficult to figure out what to do, but it may take you a couple of minutes before you get your eureka moment.
This is not really a photo editor. It is mainly to convert file type and size.
"OMG!!!!!! This is awesome. It is so small but yet does everything."
Version: ImageConvert 1.4
It is tiny. And for a person who has to convert images to fit on a device. (PSP) It saves an incredible amount of time.
There are none.