The developer made this app freeware on 4/20/08. Use the following registration code:
Name: "Iconographer is now free"
Iconographer is a an icon editor. It allows you to both change the icons of items, as well as edit the icon resources used by various programs. Iconographer has been created from the ground up to deal with many icon formats. These include: classic Mac OS (8-bit icons only), Mac OS 8.5+ (32-bit icons with 8-bit masks), Mac OS X (128 x 128 icons in .icns files), Windows (.ico files), and Mac OS X Server (48 x 48 icons in .tiff files). Due to its flexibility, Iconographer is useful to both beginners and advanced users. It can be used for a wide range of tasks, ranging from simply creating some customized folder icons to editing complex resource files for an application to converting icons between platforms.
What's new in this version:
- Support for importing and exporting of individual icon members and entire icons to TIFF, PNG, Photoshop and other graphics formats
- Support for smooth and blocky scaling
- Interface now uses Quartz font anti-aliasing
- Holding down option when using the "Complete Icon" command now regenerates all members
- Fixed bug that caused color artifacts when using the "Copy Icon and Mask" command
- 10.2.x compatibility fixes
- Performance and stability improvements