CNET Editors' review
Icomancer Folder Icons Composer lets you choose any image for any folder, as well as custom colors, textures, and styles. A free online account not only stores your icons but also lets you share them and try icons created by other users. Icomancer's user interface is a bit busy and its processes could be a bit more intuitive, but once mastered, it's easy to use. Icomancer's enhancements look cool, but they're functional, too. You can color-code folders to quickly identify content, for example.
You can create a free online account when installing Icomancer or log in with Facebook. The program's launcher is ad-supported and text-heavy, but it accesses your account, synchronizes content with the database, and accesses the Manual and Help file, among other functions. Each feature is clearly explained, starting with the first section, Craft. Dragging and dropping an image into this panel opens the Crafter tool, which is as visually disorienting as the Launcher, though a little playing around unravels its mysteries, which involve creating a Skeleton template. The Crafter's menus and templates offer the samples included with Icomancer's download as well as options included with Windows. The Crafter applied a variety of colors, textures, styles, and cover images to selected folders. The Imbuer let us assign icons to any folder or shortcut. Dropping an image or icon into the Embody tool applied it to the Skeleton and containing folders. The Copy tool automatically copies any icon or PNG file you select.
Despite its unique and slightly overstimulated look, Icomancer lived up to its wizard-like name. Our customized folders made it easy to find stuff at a glance. Icomancer's style could use an update, and online accounts aren't everyone's cup of tea, free or not. But in the end, Icomancer proved you can't judge an app by its interface.
From Lava SoftWorks:
icomancer is a folder icons composer for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Its sole pourpose is to help you to quickly identify specific folders among hundreds in your storage devices by embodying a special, easy-to-see, nice-with-the-eye icon you craft in a composition window. With icomancer you can add color to your folders, but you can go further by adding opaque textures ranging from tisues to stones to metals and even crystals. Depending on the texture being used, you can set really nice color + translucent texture compositions.But that's not all: you can embed your own pictures to the folder or imprint them as portraits and then embed add-on icons to set the folder content type. If you create a free account in our community server, you'll be able to share your creations with our community and download content created by other users and some special deliveries by our design team. That includes: - Extra Folder Templates to match your OS style or any theme assigned with a third-party icon customization app. - More Color Palettes with variations and special effects. - Additional Texture Packs to create opaque textured folders or translucent texture + color comps. - Add-on icon packs to mark your folders by content type. By sharing your creations, you'll help others to find the images or icons they need and download and apply directly to their folders. Plus, you can rely on our servers as a backup destination for your icomancer images and icons. Icomancer is FREE for personal and commercial use for individuals and small-sized companies (with up to 10 employees). There is no limitation on functionality. As free user you'll be able to download free content packs. Premium content can be downloaded by purchasing an account upgrade.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199 adds fallback for exception thrown when a recently created category in the content manager isn't immediately available due to windows file cache problems or delays.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Create new icons and cursors from your images, or edit existing...
- Change your system folder's icons and regress them when require...
- Get icons of a Twitter bird in a variety of styles.
- Change an icon or color of any folder you want.
- Get quality Web site icons to enhance interfaces of web applica...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Make blogs and forums look slick and modern.
- Create, rename, and iconize folder icons.
- Create a gorgeous photo collage by few clicks.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content