CNET Editors' review
This program monitors your computer's use and protects it from unauthorized access, although IM surveillance is limited to AOL Instant Messenger.
IMSurfSentinel's well-organized interface lets you enter user-defined keywords and phrases to easily block sites, conversations and programs. You can block certain programs from running, and you can specify the URLs to prohibit. Define a target time interval and IMSurfSentinel will accurately monitor your system's activity using screen captures and keyloggers. The program is hidden on your system and includes standard password-protection features to protect configurations from unauthorized alterations.
While it performs well, the program only provides individual logs for AIM. For all others, you'll have to check out the keylogger entries, and even then the other parties' messages aren't logged. It's not as powerful as some other monitoring applications, but IMSurfSentinel does provide customary system monitoring.
From Voelker Software:
IMSurfSentinel is an Internet monitoring spy software solution. It allows you to secretly monitor AIM conversations, block AIM conversations, act as a keylogger by monitoring keys, monitor browser activity, record URLs, record screen activity, perform a screen capture on a set interval, block URLs, and block programs. You can monitor and log instant messenger IM activity, browser activity, and keyboard activity. You can also record screenshots of all activity at set intervals. In addition, logs of instant messenger conversations, browser activity, keystroke logs, and keystrokes can be e-mailed to you at set intervals.
Version 2005.5 may include unspecified updates, enhancements or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Auto-startup programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Create disposable email addresses, phone numbers, and credit ca...
- Provide the protection for your network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor your system and applications and protect them from harm...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Monitor active MS Network connections and view historical data.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Clean and Simple, but doesn't handle user Profiles"
Version: IMSurfSentinel 2005.2
This product is easy to install and simple to use. I has a VERY good price and is basically limited to Web address logging, key logging and a couple of other things.
Does not log sites visited with FireFox. Also, does not share configuration and access password between user profiles in Win 2000 or Win XP. In other words, you have to set up the configuration and set a password for EACH AND EVERY USER that is set up to use the PC. What a pain. (I didn't realize this until I purchased it.) In fact, with Windows XP Home "Limited Users", it even asks for the Registration Key again. Even if I entered with another user. Since it logs the username in the Web site log you would assume it was able to handle mult-user PCs, but evidently it cannot. I sent an email to the author and didn't hear a thing back. If your PC is set up so that everyone uses the same user profile, this product is a decent fit, especially for the price. But if you are looking to catch someone going to site they shouldn't, then what's the point of having to have everyone use the same user profile?
"Great Parental Monitoring Tool"
Version: IMSurfSentinel 2005.1
I downloaded the trial version and in 3 days of use I purchased it. This program works great. The ability to view all the IM logs, all keys typed, screenshots and url's visited is awesome. This programer is very responsive and listens to constructive feedback. This program is a must for all parents concerned about their childrens internet activities. There have been no crashes and runs hidden in the background.