IG Maker is the latest in its series of popular, easy to use game creation tools. It continues a long-running series of game-making applications that have sold more than 2 million copies worldwide to date. Following the success of Enterbrain's game creation tools RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX, which have an extensive Western fanbase, IG Maker extends the company's easy to use, click and drop game creation software into multiple new game genres, with three major styles of game supported and Windows executable, XNA (Xbox 360) and Flash export possible. Without need for programming or complex graphic design skills, this allows users to create classic 2D, top-down action RPG games, side-scrolling platform action games, and even classic vertically and horizontally scrolling 2D shooters, with fun-to-play example games included to analyze and dissect. Using the simple-to-adjust interface, with flow-based graphical representations of levels, title screens, and more, it's straightforward for even novices to create fully-featured games. In particular, the tool features a robust animation editor, tile-based level layout and the ability to easily put together a multitude of different gameplay combinations. IG Maker users can even combine multiple genre types in one game, with hybrids such as a top-down 'overworld', with platform game levels when players enter buildings or dungeons. The result can be exported to a Windows executable-compatible format for online distribution, with additional possibilities including XNA Framework export (potentially enabling upload onto Xbox Live Indie Games), and Flash export. You can download sample games as well as additional graphics and audio from the developer's Web site.
What's new in this version: Remember to download sample games as well as additional graphics and audio from the following locations: http://download.tkool-online.com/SampleData.zip http://download.tkool-online.com/Material.zip
More Products to Consider
- Create your own role playing games without any special programm...
- Create your own original role-playing games using user-friendly...
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Experience PowerVR fun in this version of Tomb Raider.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play a role playing battle game in the SNES style.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Create your own educational games for any curriculum.
- Create your own games without coding.
- Make your own crossword puzzles, word searches, and sudoku puzz...
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play a role-playing game based on The Book of Mormon.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Travel the globe to defeat an emerging conspiracy.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play an RPG with a focus on a good story and unique gameplay fe...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Help Mendel escape Galapagos in this game featuring advanced AI...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"You can replicate any old game with it."
Version: IG Maker 1.0
This time, Enterbrain did a very good game builder for who is beginning in Game Development, you can learn how to do a game with IGM without any knowledge of a Programming Language like C#. This release come with 3 plugins, action rpg, jumping & shot
It's a lot hard to do another type of game different of that of the Plugins, like an Action RPG in isometric view. Repetitive work make it boring and some issues when tiling alway happen. The AI is terrible to programming with IGM.
I believe this software will become one of the best makers of Enterbrain. But they'll need to release more samples and much more resources, the spare resources to use with it can knock back curious and the templates what come with it's very junk, poor detailed and small, the HD sample is unusable too if you're thinking in really good templates.
So, if you're looking for an Game editor and you have your own graphic resources, you'll enjoy easy the IGM.
Needing help, pls, post a message for me in any of my Communities on the NET, like www.igmbrasil.com and rpgcrisis, I'm making resources and sometime some videos for free.
"A Decent Effort from Enterbrain"
Version: IG Maker 1.0
Easy to make certain types of action games
Easy-to-use editor with lots of features
Can combine "plugins" within a single project to allow different types of maps within the same game
Only allows WAV audio
No scripting within the editor (have to export your game and continue from there, and cannot import it back)
Problems with 64-bit machines
Exported files require an ACPlayer to be downloaded
Overall, this is a decent engine. You can make platformers, action RPG's, and shoot-em-ups with it, but it has a lot of problems. For one, packaging everything into a 1.31 GB download was a horrible idea. You can see my cons for other problems I have with the program. If you're willing to spend $90 to make a game easily, you may want to get this, but the gameplay options are rather limited. A previous review by "Ricky1007" mentions tutorials by Elemental Crisis. Keep in mind that Ricky1007 IS Elemental Crisis, so if you want to follow the word of a self promoter who won't even admit to it, be my guest. Personally, the help file answers pretty much any question you'd have with the program. It's very clear about how everything works.
"Allows you to make Shmups, Platformers and Action RPGs"
Version: IG Maker 1.0
Ability to create Action RPGs, Shmups and platformers.
Exporting features (Flash, XNA Template).
12 sample games including 3 HD ones.
Super steep learning curve.
I've been using the Japanese version with an unofficial English patch so the switch is a little different, wording wise. There's a good AGM/IGM community that I got a lot of help from. This guy named Elemental Crisis has also written some really good tutorials that helped make learning the program really easy. I think this maker has a lot of potential, good job Enterbrain!