CNET Editors' review
This freeware quickly and easily erases private data from your PC, although users must take the publisher at its word that the data is not recoverable.
IEraseTraces features a clean, tabbed interface that gives users the option to quickly scan their hard drive for traces such as temporary Internet files, browser history, and clipboard memory. A rather robust online Help center adds to the ease of use. The program also providers real-time monitoring of changing traces. In addition, the program offers the option to wipe drives clean using either a "zero fill" method that the publisher warns may leave data vulnerable to data recovery hardware and software. A "government method" is recommended by the creators of this program and is touted as a means to destroy data so thoroughly that "only high tech data recovery" could potentially retrieve the deleted information. It is that last feature that requires a leap of faith for most users.
While it is easy to use and may provide some peace of mind, unless you have access to data recovery tools and can verify that the data can't be uncovered, you are left unsure whether this software is, in fact, any more effective than simply erasing data manually.
It's an evolved privacy protection tool and even if it has advanced functionality it's still very user friendly. Some of the features are: - Monitor and report (real-time) activity traces; - Scan and delete traces; - Wipe (or shred) free drive space or entire drive; - Integrate into shell; But actually the best thing about IEraseTraces is that is free.
Version 1.1 is a bug fixing release.
What's new in this version: Version 1.1 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Clean up traces of your online and computer activities.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Save disk space and protect your privacy by erasing all traces ...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Don't give away sensitive information with computer hardware.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Shred data so it can't be recovered.
- Erase sensitive files and protect your data.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Erase your Internet tracks and computer activities.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Wipe out all traces of your activity in browsers and Windows pr...
- Erase Internet tracks and computer activities on your computer.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Shred your files and folders securely.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Clean tracks of your online and offline PC activities.
- Remove unused and temporary files and registry entries.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Nice and simple"
Version: IEraseTraces 1
It does what it should, easy and fast. As previous user said, don't check all erase options blindly, for it really erases all traces. The option of cleaning Windows page file and the live monitor are a fresh addition to these kind of products.
A little shabby design which can be greatly improved, but considering it's focused on quality of service, it's not such a big issue.
"So far So good."
Version: IEraseTraces 1
Its seems to be doing what its suppose to do.I have an older sister and as a hobbie i like to play around with art and anamation.And when she wants to use my pc sometime she seems to tend to be a little nosy.Iam 54 and i dont need an older sibling looking over my sholder at some of my nude art work.
Its best to vist the websight you have to download .Net Framwork2.0 for it to work.When i downloaded from C-net that one didnt work sorry C-net. It just seems not to work for me so i went to the websight and got it. Oh by the way dont start wiping everying thing because you want have any of your favorits left i backed up mine before i cleand.Just watch what you are Wiping away because this little tool will wipe everying thing away.