Hordes of Orcs is a Tower Defense game in which you must build walls and lethal towers to defend your village from the Orcs emerging from, what the village elders call, The Glowing Portal of Really Bad Things That We Should Have Bricked-Up a Long Time Ago. Sadly, the Portal is un-bricked and the Orcs are very, very hungry. If 20 Orcs make it to your village, youre toast.
To kill the Orcs, buy some Towers. Arrow Towers are cheap and weak, Radiation towers are expensive and deadly. Each Tower has its own unique abilities, and each tower can be upgraded to do more damage or to have more range. Click on a tower to see its stats and upgrade cost. Should you build lots of Arrow Towers? Or a few Fire Towers? Well, thats where the strategy comes in!
Each time you kill an Orc youll get some cash (like pinatas, Orcs are full of candy and money as everybody knows).
Hordes of Orcs is proud to use the +7systems Balance Engine to collect game-play information. The more info the Balance Engine collects, the better future versions of Hordes of Orcs can be tweaked, resulting in an awesome game only getting better. Only game-play information is transmitted back while you play Hordes of Orcs. At no time do we access any personal information (unless you count doing 683 damage to an Orc personal). You can opt out of this at any time. Click on Options in the main menu, select Other, and un-check the *Participate in +7 Balance Engine?* option.
What's new in this version:
- Newsfeed added, to keep players informed about changes made by the +7 Balance Engine.
- Added tip suggesting people upgrade towers at end-of-game, if they play without any upgrades.
- Major performance improvements, especially on lower-end machines.
- Two new maps: Orc Olympics (Maze Defense), and Burninator (Gem Drop).
- Bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Protect the rear-guard of the coalition troops against the enem...
- Find items and shoot for the ultimate prize.
- Destroy all enemy portals and troops and enlarge your empire.
- Choose your allies and kill enemies as you grab gold and comple...
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Destroy enemy spaceships in a familiar grid format battlefield.
- Use your mutant ninja powers to fight zombies and giant monster...
- Add the Corner to Conter map to C&C Generals.
- As hired gun John Cooper, you and five other desperados must pu...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: