CNET Editors' review
Tweeting can be a lot of fun, but trying to manage your Twitter feed can suck all of the enjoyment out of it. Luckily, Hibari for Mac offers a simple way to stay current with your Twitter accounts without using a Web browser.
Hibari for Mac allows the user to follow their Twitter feed on their desktop through a dedicated interface. The interface is simple and dominated by the active Twitter feed window. Although this program is fairly simple in design, it contains many modifiable features. You can easily block keywords, mute users and save searches within the interface. Different image types, including Instagram and Twitpic, are displayed directly in the Twitter feed as thumbnails to save you time. The program can also manage multiple Twitter accounts simultaneously without needing to log in and out repeatedly. The program does not automatically load new tweets if left open, so the user must manually load new tweets by accessing the menu bar. The free version includes a full trial of the program lasting 14 days, while the complete version of the program retails for $14.
Hibari for Mac works for keeping current with your Twitter feed even if you have multiple accounts. This program is appropriate for both personal and professional purposes due to its wide range of features and its configurable preferences.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Hibari for Mac 1.5.6
From Victoria Song:
Hibari is modern and stylish Twitter client. Hibari allows you to filter out tweets containing topics you don't want to hear about. For example, if you want to avoid mentions of a certain TV show for fear of spoilers, just create a keyword block setting with the name of that show. If you put multiple words into one setting, Hibari will only block tweets that match all of those words. Keyword blocking works great for hiding automated tweets from "tweet blast" promotions and check-in services like Foursquare or Gowalla. Simply add a filter containing the bit of text common to all those tweets. In Hibari, you don't have to monitor a separate timeline to see your most important search results. Check the "Display results in home timeline" checkbox next to any search term and all matching results will begin appearing in your home timeline. We recommend using Twitter's search operators to increase the usefulness of your searches. For example, you can use the minus symbol to exclude a term from your search. Normally, you only see conversations between users you follow. If you'd like to see every conversation involving a certain Twitter user, add a search setting that contains @user OR from:user (substituting your friend's username for user).
What's new in this version:
- Now linking the small retweet avatars to the corresponding profile
- Fixed bug that caused tweet deletion to stop working
- Fixed Instagram thumbnails
- Fixed hashtag links
- Fixed a rare bug where the timeline would stop updating
More Products to Consider
- Read e-mail and news the way you want it, with intelligent junk...
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Bulk e-mailer for sending personalized messages; track messages...
- Talk to all your friends with a single application.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Take control of email attachments in Apple Mail.
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- Use more than one Skype account at once.
- Multimedia interactive presentation tool, companion of miBookWr...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Facebook chat client.
- Twitter client featuring Helvetica.
- View Twitter's mobile site from your menu bar.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Send personalized HTML-based emails to a huge amount of recipie...
- Automatically backup your mail from any IMAP-supported accounts...
- Light-weight RSS reader built with RubyCocoa.
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content