CNET Editors' review
HLP to RTF Converter by Armenian Dictionary Software is an interesting utility that can convert any Windows Help file (HLP) to a printable, high-quality RTF document or generate completely recompilable Help projects. You can use it to print out manuals for employees or for safekeeping, as well as create your own WinHelp project, rescue previously complied files for conversion or re-use, or simplify the generation and handling of HLP-formatted documentation from a standard authoring format.
This program's tabbed, dialog-based interface is practically self explanatory, reflecting its focused mission. Tabs let you select Batch or Single mode; there's the expected Help file and a few extras, such as Command Prompt access. A good range of clickable language options surprisingly doesn't include Armenian. The program is ultrasimple to use; browse to add files and an output path, click "Convert," and open and use your new files. It supports batch conversion of HLP files, a feature we highly approve of since it can save a lot of time in situations where a single manual comes in several files, such as different language versions. We feel this basic tool really shines in its flexibility; in addition to standard operations, you can activate it from the Command Line Prompt or the ShellEx API in compatible applications.
HLP to RTF Converter's free trial version has a 25 percent conversion limit. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves folders behind when it's uninstalled. It works in all versions of Windows up to Vista; we tested it in Windows 7 but encountered some bugginess.
HLP to RTF Converter is a product which allows you to convert any Windows Help files to RTF easily. It is designed to create printable, manual-quality RTF format documents or recompilable projects from Microsoft Windows Help.
It allows you to generate a completely recompilable Help project, complete with all text, formatting, jumps, graphics, keywords and more. Supporting batch conversion of HLP files at once by one click to save your time. Also it can be used from the Command Line Prompt, even via ShellEx API in any additional applications. Plus, supporting multi-language interface as English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Portuguese, Turkish.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert HTML to various formats (DOC, RTF, TXT) and vice-versa.
- Transform VMG Files into various document formats.
- Convert plain text files to RTF format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert Windows help files into RTF format files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert Word documents into PDF files.
- Create Portable Document Format files out of JPEG, TIFF, and BM...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Export stories of InDesign document into single file.
- Convert your LRF files into various formats easily.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert WordPerfect files into stable Word files.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Convert any video files into PSP video format.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...