CNET Editors' review
The last thing you need if you're a busy professional on the go is to waste your time typing the names of your new contacts into your BlackBerry address book. Especially when software can do it for you. Gwabbit's BlackBerry application helps business professionals get the names, numbers, and e-mail addresses from a contact's e-mail into their address book without all the tedious typing.
Gwabbit works its trade by automatically searching the signature block at the end of an e-mail and comparing that to your address book entries. If there are discrepancies or omissions between the two, Gwabbit will launch and ask if you'd like to create a new address book entry or overwrite an existing one. Declining will keep Gwabbit from asking again and again. While the BlackBerry has its own mechanism for adding e-mail contacts to the address book, Gwabbit's application does so automatically and rapidly, porting over far more information in the process. Gwabbit, for example, detects e-mail address, phone numbers, company name, and contact's title versus BlackBerry's native inclusion of just the e-mail address.
There is an important caveat, however. Gwabbit is spurred into action by the presence of a phone number in the signature block of an e-mail message. This is a specific order, and one that underscores the app's target audience of business professionals reading and responding to their corporate e-mail. You can also manually select Gwabbit from the BlackBerry context menu if it misses a beat.
While most casual users probably won't receive enough personal e-mail girded with phone numbers in a signature block, Gwabbit is an ideal productivity score for those who regularly use their phone as a mobile computer during business hours. As a reminder, Gwabbit for BlackBerry is compatible with BlackBerry phones running version 4.2 of the operating system or higher, costs $9.95 for a yearlong subscription, and offers a 14-day and 20-use trial.Gwabbit 1.0 for BlackBerry:
gwabbit automatically scans incoming BlackBerry emails, finds contacts, and instantly transforms them into contact records within your address book with a mouse click! gwabbit puts your contact fields away in their proper place in the address book and even checks your address book to see if you've already saved a contact previously before re-prompting you to "gwab" it again.
gwabbit employs a patent-pending semantic technology to identify contact blocks within email text and accurately parse and import them into your address book. No more cutting and pasting contacts one field at a time from your emails into your address book. gwabbit is compatible with current generation BlackBerry devices with 4.2 OS and higher.
gwabbit saves hundreds of hours each year for busy executives, salespeople, and others who manage contacts.
What's new in this version: Improved contact recognition. New End User License Agreement.
More Products to Consider
- Speak your BlackBerry SMS, e-mail, memos, tasks, contact notes,...
- Get a scientific calculator with graphing functions.
- Always be aware of who is calling you.
- Find your location via your BlackBerry device.
- A smart and handy tool to log, track and manage your daily expe...
- Free Economics Terms Dictionary for PalmOS.
- See who is calling even on unknown calls.
- Take a picture and import contact info from business cards to y...
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer to get the ...
- Manage your Starbucks card from your BlackBerry Device.
- Material for financial students & financial professionals.
- Assess opportunities across markets.
- Display DMX value or set DIP switches.
- Increase your IQ and intelligence on your Nokia phone.
- Keep Track of money lent and borrowed with IOU manager.
- Block SMS spam messages on your Symbian-driven Sony Ericsson.
- Save time & money tracking & reporting travel, expenses, and th...
- Autoreply and filter SMS messages on Symbian UIQ-based mobile p...
- Send and receive messages, status updates, and photos from your...
- Do all the calculations of a normal cash register.
- Private Secure Messenger, enable a REAL-TIME & PRIVATE & SECURE...
- Get instant access to anyone who's ever e-mailed you on your Bl...
- Handling vCard/widely known as business cards.
- Remove and block spam SMS/MMS/e-mail messages on your Windows M...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Good idea, bad results"
Version: Gwabbit (BlackBerry) 1.0.33
The results of the parsed information are poor. In addition, it slows down the blackberry which is already slow enough
Not worth the performance hit.