With Google Quick Search Box you can search for information from just about anywhere. As you type, suggestions will appear that match your query, ranging from applications and local files on your computer, to web search and navigational suggestions, to items from your browser history and contacts - and the types of results you can get will only grow over time!
Once you've found the result you want, we wanted you to be able to DO something with it. To find out what you can do, select a result and press the tab key or the right arrow on the keyboard. Some examples of actions include instant messaging friends, playing a song, or emailing a URL. Just like the data you can search over, the list of actions you can perform will grow over time!
The quickest way to launch the Google Quick Search Box is by pushing Control + spacebar at the same time (Google Desktop devotees will still be able to press Command twice to summon the box). If you prefer another keyboard shortcut to summon the Google QSB, you can change it in the Preferences panel.
As you use the Google Quick Search Box more, it will learn which results you are likely to want. The goal here is that we get you to what you're looking for as quickly as possible. In the above example, if you chose Google Calendar, the next time you search for "cal", Google QSB will reorder the results so that you don't have to arrow down to your desired choice. Instead, you can just type "cal" and press enter.
Last, but definitely not least, the Google Quick Search Box is extensible. This means that anyone can create a plug-in that enables the QSB to search over additional data or perform more actions on results. As an example, we really enjoy the Twitter plug-in . After enabling that bad boy, we can send tweets right from the QSB and then do a Google search right after!
More Products to Consider
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Tweak the annoying changes in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Set of eyeballs for your menu bar or desktop.
- Brings your desktop background to life with live wallpapers tha...
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Upload photos to Picasa site.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- RSS & Atom newsreader with Google Reader integration.
- Open apps, files, and URLs via abbreviation.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Full-featured native web browser.
- Widget to search the german pspwiki.de.
- Change EXIF timestamp, file dates and other attributes.
- Media hub with integration to local and streamed sources.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very nice google searches"
Version: Google Quick Search Box 188.8.131.527
Simple, good for quick google searches, nice fade-in-out effect, many plugins (possible to customize search areas)
I use three different launchers, spotlight (most for my own specific documents), Quicksilver for applications, Google search only! for Google searches
Recommend Google Quick Search Box!