CNET Editors' review
PCs are great productivity tools, and great time-wasters. It's not really fair to blame the machine; it didn't force you to spend all day Net surfing and forwarding gag e-mails. SVT Systems' GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus Edition is designed not only to help you focus on your tasks at hand to increase your daily productivity, but also to help you focus on your long-term goals and make concrete steps toward achieving them. It's based on "recursive visual thinking," a graphical method of saving, organizing, and prioritizing projects, goals, and thoughts.
GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus Edition's executable can be run immediately upon extraction, with no installation required. This also makes it completely portable. An EasyStart Tutorial offers a quick, helpful introduction to this program's unusual method of organization. Basically, you add "thought balloons," objects that contain a goal, project, or task, to the interface, and then add and associate various levels of subtask objects. Navigation arrows let you jump between levels, and clicking the Home icon takes you to the top view, if you should get lost. Right-clicking an object calls up a properties dialog that accesses the Calendar feature and lets you add notes, color-coding, and other customization. The Hyperfocus Zone is a "special view" designating items requiring immediate attention. An interesting Cloning feature lets you duplicate single or recurring tasks. While it sounds complex, it actually makes sense. We had little trouble adding projects, subtasks, and generating status reports, thanks to the tutorial. It also exports data to Word, something we consider a useful feature, not just an afterthought.
As we've noted, this is an usual but intriguing piece of software that differs in dramatic ways from typical productivity aids and goal-prioritizing tools, of which there is no lack. As such, it clearly stands apart, and it's certainly worth a look.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus 2010 r0. The e-mailing/save functions are disabled in the trial version.
From SVT Systems:
GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus Edition is a visual goal setting software that can help you plan, get focused and accomplish goals much faster than any other method. GoalEnforcer is very easy to use and very flexible: it can be used for goal setting, brainstorming, thought organization, project management, as well as task list and to-do list management. No matter if you need to manage a new business, lose weight, or plan for school achievement, GoalEnforcer is the app for you. Its innovative interface lets you unleash the power of recursive visual thinking and increase your productivity. GoalEnforcer allows you to set your goals and get things done faster by using a unique work breakdown structure representation. You can easily set and rearrange a goal setting plan by just dragging and dropping virtual objects.
GoalEnforcer supports multi-levels of goals, sub-goals, tasks and sub-tasks. GoalEnforcer also includes automatic color coding, status report, and progress chart features for easy goal tracking. The calendar view can remind you about important due dates, and the new Hyperfocus View will optimize your attention and keep you on track. The G-map renders a colorful overview of your goal map, and the Brainstorm Quick Entry mode allows you to enter your ideas faster. The integrated Gantt Chart View mode will help you with your time management. The Tree View mode displays a neat Project Activity List that will allow you to check and update status faster. "Action Button" automatically adjust multiple dates at once (both Start Dates and Due Dates), so that you can quickly adapt to schedule changes. "Export to Word" option under "Software Integration" allows the Status Report to be viewed and edited as a Word document. GoalEnforcer can also export/import to/from Outlook, Freemind, Excel and other formats. The Multi-Project Navigator allows you to view current status of several projects in one window. With all these powerful features GoalEnforcer still has a minimalistic and intuitive visual interface, making it very easy to learn and enjoyable to use.
What's new in this version: Version 2011 r0 adds:
More Products to Consider
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Track your personal projects and achieve your most important go...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Identify, set, organize, manage, and reach your goals and tasks...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Manage tasks, notes, and reminders in hierarchical tree.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build mind maps and manage your projects easily.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Capture ideas, develop understanding, and plan and manage any t...
- Manage your projects, tasks, people, and strategic goals.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Link and search your ideas, files, and Web pages the way you th...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Just the Job!"
Version: GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus 2011 r0
Very simple to use. Fast and easy to navigate around. The tutorials are really good. I really needed something simple to use to get me started on all my goals. And this really does work!
None to mention. I did have a problem with exporting, importing to Freemind. Due mainly to the Java was I using. Here is a link to a version of Freemind which works with GoalEnforcer Hyperfocus:
Which you can download at:
If you want an uncomplicated piece of software to get your goals completed, this is the one.