CNET Editors' review
Those who use Gmail as their primary e-mail application might like to see notifications of incoming e-mails in their system tray without needing to check online. Gmail Notifier for Mac allows users to see and preview new mail messages, as well as their Google Calendars, in a simple application.
After quickly downloading Gmail Notifier for Mac via a high-speed connection, the program installed into the applications folder easily, although acceptance of a user agreement was required. At startup, the program prompts the user to enter a Gmail address and password, which immediately begins synching Google's e-mail and calendar applications. There is no interface to the program, but icons show up in the top tool bar when there is a new e-mail message or upcoming calendar appointment. These are easy to identify and are well designed. When new mail comes in, a small window pops up showing the sender, title, and a preview of the contents. All of these features work well, despite the fact that the application does not install any separate mail client program.
Gmail Notifier for Mac works well and adds some useful features for Google mail and calendar management. This application is suitable for users who use Gmail as their main e-mail account.
The Gmail Notifier is a downloadable application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser. When you install the Notifier, you will be able to automatically check for new messages every two minutes. see a snippet of text from up to 30 unread messages, select a sound to indicate when you have new mail, and make Gmail your default e-mail application.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Looking to open those frustrating Microsoft Outlook MSG files o...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Convert Outlook 2011 OLMs for import into Apple Mail, Thunderbi...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Remind yourself to include e-mail attachments if you forget.
- Export your aperture stuff using your gmail acc.
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Upload photos to Picasa site.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Email app that's easy to use and powerful.
- Digital video editing system.
- Localized version.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Gmail Notifier 1.10.5
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Great little app that saves lots of time. Works perfectly on 10.6.4. Cool little fade effect is a nice touch too.
"Great app if you are tired of Apple Mail"
Version: Gmail Notifier 1.8.2
Very customizable (you can change what mail app opens when you reply),
Easy to see if you have mail.
It came with a Google calendar toolbar application which I did not want. It was easy to remove, however.
This tiny application gets the job done, and stays out of your way when you don't need it. Lots of great features, such as; the toolbar icon is black and white until you get mail. Unobtrusive pop up and sound when you get an email to your inbox.
Great app if you just want to use gmail, not Apple Mail, or thunderbird and deal with compatibility problems.