CNET Editors' review
For a freeware game, Glest stands out at an astonishing level. A real-time strategy game in the vein of Warcraft III or the Empire Earth games, it asks players to create workers, harvest resources, construct buildings, produce military units, and ultimately destroy enemy bases.
Though its technology isn't quite as deep as the commercial games, we were quite surprised to find very well-rendered 3D textures, good music, detailed models, and a well-developed game system. The game pits two opposing factions, Magicians and Technicians, against one another, each having different structures and units. Players can choose either one, although novices might want to start with Technicians, which are similar to humans in Warcraft.
Magicians are a bit more complicated, with the ability to conjure new monsters and fire magic projectiles. Given the game's solid gameplay, good design, a small size, and, above all, a price tag of zero, we highly recommend Glest to anyone with a soft spot for real-time strategy games.
It's a shame this ported version won't you play with your Windows using friends (yet), but the developer promises more fixes and compatibility in the future.
From Glest Team:
Glest is a free 3D real time strategy game. The game allows the player to take control of two completely different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield. Multiplayer game over LAN/Internet is available to up to 4 players. With this ported version of the game you will only be able to play with other Mac users.
More Products to Consider
- Online real-time strategy war game filled with stick-man slaugh...
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Hack & slash dungeon crawling game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Fly various missions or fly against your friends over the Inter...
- Borderlands 2 saved game editor.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- The Hardest Action Game You Will Play This Year (no, seriously)...
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- Solitaire card games with handcrafted artwork.
- Create and play realistic jigsaw puzzles on your Mac with your ...
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Atari 2600 emulator.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- 18 catching variants of Tetris for Mac.
- The Locas really do put the fun back in funeral in Grave Mania:...
- Original strategy game.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Mahjongg summer fun – 60 levels, mini games and hidden pictures...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"check cider house for mac osx package"
Version: Glest 3.2.2r1
20+ fan made factions with dozens of new units. Egyptian, Persians, Norsemen, Indians, dwarfs, crusaders, Romans, Elves. Simple to use GUI. 15 new Tilesets change the look and feel of the game world and some of the new textures are pretty darn nice
simple lua scripted scenario system.
http://glestmaps.wikia.com/ has maps and tilesets