CNET Editors' review
GetPDF's Form Filler is a tool that enables you to fill out interactive PDFs, preview them in Adobe Reader, and save the filled forms as changed originals or as new files, all without requiring Adobe's Acrobat software. Form Filler can handle any kind of interactive field, enter text, select items, and choose yes or no options.
At just under 784KB, this is a compact download and an efficient tool. It opens with an attractive but basic interface with an expandable Menu that helps keeps things neat and tidy. The program lacks a Help file, though there is a link to a Web site that offers online assistance and FAQs. However, it's an easy-to-use piece of shareware, with clearly labeled options. There's a left-hand information pane and a spreadsheetlike main display with drag-to-resize partitions for its various fields, including title, pages, alignment, and visible. We found a PDF-based catalog online and opened it in Form Filler, which immediately listed every interactive object in the document, including things like navigation buttons. That may confuse inexperienced users, but we feel it adds flexibility. Simply right-click a field and choose Edit to enter text. You can also change the alignment, font, and even the font color, an unexpected but welcome capability.
GetPDF Form Filler's free trial version counts down its 15 days with a nag screen. It's ready for Windows 7 and Vista. If you work with a lot of PDFs, and especially if you fill out the same forms over and over again, it can be a time-saver.
GetPDF Form Filler enables you to fill out interactive PDF forms without the need for Adobe Acrobat. You can fill PDF forms with any field type; fill in text, make choice, select items, answer yes or no. In the process of filling out a PDF Form, you may click the Preview button at any time to open your current work with Adobe Acrobat Reader software to see if everything is okay. Filled PDF forms can be saved or saved as a new PDF file.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Automate various tasks on your favorite Web sites.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Automate your periodical typing jobs.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Automate Web browsing and time consuming form filling.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Automate web browsing and time consuming form filling.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Fill out forms on the Web more quickly.
- Fill out PDF forms without the need for Adobe Acrobat.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Scan, complete, and print paper-based forms.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Load up and fill out California Real Estate forms.
- Organize and automate your government form structure.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Fill in passwords and other personal data automatically.
- Scan, fill out, save, and print any kind of form.