From GARMIN Corporation:
MapInstall installs map onto your Garmin device. MapManager copies maps and unlock codes into the right place to be accessible by MapInstall and Training Center. To migrate the maps from your Windows PC, download MapConverter onto your PC and follow the instructions.
What's new in this version:
- Improved performance for map trimming and map building.
- Fixed issue that made MapInstall appear to hang at startup.
- Fixed progress feedback at the end of trimming (MapInstall should not remain at 100% for a long time without actually being at 100%).
- Fixed an issue when hovering over map tiles would make MapInstall crash in some cases.
- Fixed an issue when trying to select more than 4GB worth of tiles.
- Fixed an issue with the display of maps when the... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Transfer & manage poi, waypoints, routes, tracks with garmin GP...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Clone, synchronize, backup files.
- Data recovery software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Astrology Software producing detailed world maps.
- Worldwide tide and current info.
- Update your Garmin GPS software online.
- Easy-to-use astronomy software.
- GARMIN Devices driver.
All versions:1.9 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Needs better instructions"
Version: Garmin MapInstall 4.0.2
Ultimately did the job it was supposed to.
The instructions were confusing as to whether the map update had taken place (it had) and whether the updated map had to be unlocked (it didn't). The update process was extremely slow; don't attempt it unless you have a few hours (yes, h_o_u_r_s) available.
It works, but Garmin should do much better.