CNET Editors' review
Jot down notes and keep them organized on your desktop, keeping your other desk top a bit less cluttered. Freebie Notes provides a simple alternative to the paper sticky note.
This freeware is incredibly simple to use. By choosing a new note from the toolbar, users write themselves a quick note and place it on the desktop. This no-frills note system is perfect for jotting down ideas, phone numbers, or other brief info. Freebie Notes also provides several helpful options to go along with its primary function. A wide spectrum of colors ensures that you don't have a desktop covered in neon yellow notes, but can color code to your preference. In addition, the fonts and type size are adjustable. However, the best feature of Freebie Notes is its ability to remind the user with simple alarms that cause a note to pop to the foreground daily, a day from now, a month from now, or even a year from now.
The only downside to Freebie Notes is that it teases users with options only available in other programs you'll need to pay for. If, for example, you wanted a URL to open when the note's alarm sounded, you would be advised to purchase another of the publisher's notes programs. However, if you are looking for a simple reminder system, this is the perfect download to keep track of those little bits of information you need to keep onhand.
From Power Soft:
Freebie Notes is a program for users who just want sticky notes with an alarm timer. With Freebie Notes you can create notes displaying on your desktop. Your notes can be displayed immediately after creation or in the certain moments of time. You can create notes of custom sizes and colors and set different types for your notes.
What's new in this version: Version 3.53 fixed notes animation bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Organize your notes and schedules and create electronic reminde...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Stick your notes on desktop to read them at any time.
- Create and organize 3D sticky notes on your desktop or send the...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Stick your notes on desktop to read them at any time.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Send notes across the Internet to all your friends.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Edit plain text in Notepad alternative equipped with time-savin...
- Plan and manage finances right on a calendar.
- Replace Post-It-style notes left stuck to your PC monitor.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Plan your activities, display notifications, launch application...
- Manage your daily activities by putting virtual reminders on de...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Keep all your notes protected and easy to reach.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 32 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"NOT EASY AT ALL,WAY TOO COMPLICATED,TOO MANY OPTIONS"
Version: Freebie Notes 3.53
If you like lots of options,this would be a Pro for you, lots of options.
If you like having 2 different ways to access the same program on your desktop, then again this would be a Pro for you
Gives you the option to Hide ALL NON FREE OPTIONS, this is a plus for everybody that is complaining about teasers,click it immediately before you start customizing & you won't even know what your missing,lol
If you like making a million decisions to post a sticky note than this is your sticky note program...hahaha
Way too many options for a sticky note(IMO)
3 places to edit all your text options, color,style, backround, again make it confusing as to which one is going to show when you actually create a sticky.
Beginning of each sentence/text on the left side of note is missing like the first word or two...dunno why, tried a lot of fixes & changed options & read all the help stuff, could not find an answer or a fix for this.
I just felt there were too many options for a simple sticky notes program, I get the alarms & calendar deal but have not idea whey you would need 3 seperate places to pick your font style & backround???Very confusing....
After you choose your font optons, your not sure which one is going to be showing when you make a note, even if you put them all the same color & backround color, it never shows the color you picked..????Maybe it's just me. I read all the help stuff & couldn't find an answer to which font/color/background tool is the default one.
It has 2 different toolbars or options bars(whatever you want to call them) on your desktop...again, that is confusing, which one should you use?? They have the same option on them & one of them has more than the other of course for more detailed options, which I don't believe you need ALL that to POST A STICKY...you shouldn't be having to study or look anything up to write a post it/sticky note,lol....
It shouldn't take you half an hour to write a sticky & also biggest CON is it cuts off the start of all sentences/text in every line of your note on the sticky...yes I adjusted size,font & text placement to see if I could fix this & none of them made any difference, my sentences were always cut off on the front. I also just tried to make the actual sticky note larger to see if that would help make it visible & it did not do anything but make a larger note with the front of my sentences missing as well. Uninstalling now... There are so many good reviews on this, I can 't imagine it's just me having these problems...or is it? : (