CNET Editors' review
Free Language Translator works well enough as a translator, but it doesn't have many benefits over the great online translators available. In most cases, it actually just borrows from Google Translate, anyway. Even though it doesn't boast great looks or many customization options, the program can be proud of its speedy performance.
Free Language Translator supports a little more than 60 languages, so you shouldn't have a problem finding the language you want to use. You can import any amount of text and get a translation almost instantly. You can use Google Translate or the program's built-in dictionary, but both give you about the same accuracy level. Once you've translated your text, there isn't much you can do with the program other than check the accuracy of the translation and add corrections to a custom dictionary, which, we must admit is a neat feature. The program's layout looks a little dated, but it gives you plenty of space to see your translation and type. Using the Setting menu you can change the font and keyboard layout, check for updates, and watch two available tutorial videos. In addition to copying text into the program, you can also input several popular document and subtitle formats such as DOC, TXT, HTML, and SRT to get a quick translation.
Since Free Language Translator borrows heavily from Google Translate, it comes with a catch: You need to be connected to the Internet at all times to be able to use it. If you need an easy, accessible, and quick translation tool, this free program is worth a shot. Don't expect too much, though.
From Decebal Mihailescu:
Free Language Translator is a desktop language translator application. It allows the import for several popular subtitle and document formats.
What's new in this version: Version 3.3 fixed some bug and included a new link to video tutorials on Youtube.
More Products to Consider
- Convert English sentences to Hindi and vice-versa.
- Check current status of trains Indian railway.
- Track a mobile object in real time by GPRS / 3G connection on W...
- Book your railway tickets in India.
- Translate Web contents, chat, and documents between English and...
- Convert Google Earth into a real-time GPS navigation for laptop...
- Translate English words into Indonesian and vice-versa.
- Convert English letters to Devanagari.
- View geographical data from GPS devices.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Translate any text on a Web page and other applications just by...
- Convert UTM coordinates to latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Generate subtitles for the movie based on your vocabulary.
- Search and compare flights to find best fares.
- Manage your own GPS tracks.
- Translate Skype chats to Dutch, French, Chinese or Japanese.
- Get easy access to your applications by grouping desktop icons.
- Estimate the position of a dragged sensor based on the location...
- Edit GPS tracks: analyze trajectory and structure, filter, merg...
- Access information about Indian Railways from your Windows 8 PC...
- Insert common text template into your various documents.
- Determine what the time is in another part of the world.
- Take color from your desktop and make color schemes.
- Plan your US and Canada trips.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Superb tool for translation"
Version: Free Language Translator 3.3
After downloading this utility, there is no need of internet connection to translate. I like the feature of its new version, which included a new link for learning on YouTube.
.Net framework is required for downloading the software. The main drawback of this program is it does not work on Windows 8 operating system.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content