CNET Editors' review
Foxit PhantomPDF is a blazing-fast PDF creator and editor that gets the job done. It comes in three different editions--Express, Standard, and Business--all of which are easy to use and significantly less expensive than Adobe Acrobat.
Foxit PhantomPDF's interface has the look and feel common to most document and word-processing software: a menu bar, customizable, icon-based toolbars, and a main display. In addition, the program features a distinctive, ultrathin navigation panel on the far left that allows quick access to documents via bookmarks or thumbnails as well as attachments, signatures, and layers. Hovering the cursor over the subtly colored icons calls up descriptive labels that are more than sufficient to explain each control, which makes it easy to dive right in and start creating and editing PDFs. Plus, you can choose from different skins and toolbar modes to suit your preferences.
But PhantomPDF isn't just a pretty face. Even the Express edition comes with features like XFA form-filling, digital signature validation, password encryption, and basic annotation tools for adding comments, highlights, and more. Meanwhile, with the Standard edition you can create forms and edit PDF text contents directly--almost as if you're working with a text document in a word processor. And finally, for those in need of a more powerful PDF experience, PhantomPDF Business edition gives you RMS-protected document support and advanced PDF editing tools.
Overall, we highly recommend Foxit PhantomPDF for all of your PDF-creating needs. It's fast, powerful, easy to use, and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like some of its competitors.
From Foxit Software:
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard builds upon the capabilities of PhantomPDF Express. It enables quick and easy creation of PDF documents, highlighting and annotation capabilities, convert PDF documents to word or convert PDF to image, and functionality to edit text, manipulate PDF pages, and secure sensitive information in PDF documents.
What's new in this version: Ideal for groups of all sizes, Foxit PhantomPDF Standard delivers the right features at the right price to deliver professional looking PDF documents.
More Products to Consider
- Create professional looking PDF documents.
- Create, annotate, and save PDF documents for your business need...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Edit PDF documents just like using a word processor.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Clean up badly formatted text from a variety of sources.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create PDF forms and documents from scratch.
- Make extensive editing directly in a PDF file.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create and edit documents that read your work out loud.
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content