CNET Editors' review
Foxit PhantomPDF is a blazing-fast PDF creator and editor that gets the job done. It comes in three different editions--Express, Standard, and Business--all of which are easy to use and significantly less expensive than Adobe Acrobat.
Foxit PhantomPDF's interface has the look and feel common to most document and word-processing software: a menu bar, customizable, icon-based toolbars, and a main display. In addition, the program features a distinctive, ultrathin navigation panel on the far left that allows quick access to documents via bookmarks or thumbnails as well as attachments, signatures, and layers. Hovering the cursor over the subtly colored icons calls up descriptive labels that are more than sufficient to explain each control, which makes it easy to dive right in and start creating and editing PDFs. Plus, you can choose from different skins and toolbar modes to suit your preferences.
But PhantomPDF isn't just a pretty face. Even the Express edition comes with features like XFA form-filling, digital signature validation, password encryption, and basic annotation tools for adding comments, highlights, and more. Meanwhile, with the Standard edition you can create forms and edit PDF text contents directly--almost as if you're working with a text document in a word processor. And finally, for those in need of a more powerful PDF experience, PhantomPDF Business edition gives you RMS-protected document support and advanced PDF editing tools.
Overall, we highly recommend Foxit PhantomPDF for all of your PDF-creating needs. It's fast, powerful, easy to use, and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like some of its competitors.
From Foxit Software:
Ideal for groups of all sizes, Foxit PhantomPDF Standard delivers the right features at the right price to deliver professional looking PDF documents. It is available in English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Once documents have been converted to PDF, it is easier to perform edits and modifications in PDF instead of converting them back and forth between different file formats. Foxit PhantomPDF Standard is the industry's premiere PDF editor; making editing PDF files easier than ever before to deliver professional looking PDF documents in no time at all. It's PDF editing capabilities provide capabilities similar to that of word processing software. The PDF editor automatically identifies text boxes and allows users to paragraph edit within that text box.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Create, annotate, and save PDF documents for your business need...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Edit PDF documents just like using a word processor.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Clean up badly formatted text from a variety of sources.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create PDF forms and documents from scratch.
- Create and edit documents that read your work out loud.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Convert Adobe Acrobat files to Microsoft Word or HTML format.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Document various entities of your package.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Convert PDF documents into fully editable Microsoft Word files.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Pretty good, nice to use package; not yet 100% though"
Version: Foxit PhantomPDF Standard 126.96.36.1994
All functionality you may want
Sign & Certify process is not quite as it should be. Wrong certificates are shown and you may unintentionally ruin your document if you abort the signing process. Foxit knows it and hopefully will fix it.
Good software for most users. Beware if you want it for using qualified signatures.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content