From CTM Development:
Extending the client-server features contained in FoxTrot Professional Search, FoxTrot Search Server enables organizations to deploy faceless indexing and search services either on a file server itself or on a machine indexing files across a network. FoxTrot Search Server can run on standard (non-server) or Server versions of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.5 Leopard. Additional suitable platforms with certain limitations are Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. In all cases, the administration of FoxTrot Search Server is performed from a Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.5 application supplied with the server. Although file sharing is required for preview and secondary search within documents, text-only search and retrieval is possible even without having mounted a file server volume.
What's new in this version: iOS Support
- FoxTrot indices can now also be synced from FoxTrot Professional or FoxTrot Server, to FoxTrot AttachÃ© on iOS, using web sharing. This requires you to have a web server that you can save to from FoxTrot Professional, and that will make your archived index available to FoxTrot AttachÃ© over HTTP.
OS X 10.9 Mavericks support
- Finder tags are indexed and categorized, in addition to OpenMeta tags.
- Google Earth .kml files are ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Set up your own DNS server with ease.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Use Hotline-like client/server system with encryption.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Access and manage a mail server.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Mail server.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content