Folder Icon X application provides an easy way to create custom folder icons and document icons by placing another icon on a standard plain icon. Users can set custom folder icons for both close and open states. It fully supports drag & drop, picture-to-icon, icon-to-picture, live icon resize, reading-writing in ".icns" format, and can load any icons from any files or folders. All generated icons are 32-bit Mac OS X-compatible icons which can be viewed on both Classic Mac OS and Mac OS X.
Folder Icon X also allows users to manage icons of files and folder through the Finder by using the contextual menu plugin. The contextual menu allows users to add customized icons, remove icons, save icons as pictures, and more.
Folder Icon X has 9 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish Polish, Danish and Dutch.
What's new in this version:
- Maintenance release.
- Add Danish support.
More Products to Consider
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Copy and paste and add effects to your icons via Control-click ...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Replacement icon set for Democracy Player.
- Change the format, name-prefix and location your Screenshots ar...
- Make icons from images for folder backgrounds.
- Set iCal's icon to the current date in a choice of colors.
- Merge several icons into one and copy to the clipboard or save ...
- Dockling to start and stop Classic.
- Create and edit your own screensavers or convert SWF files to s...
- Change desktop picture to the selected image file.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 73 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"PowerPC application - Incompatible with current MacOS"
Version: Folder Icon X 3.0.2
I used to use this app a lot, before the developer ceased supporting / maintaining it.
Unfortunately, the developer has not updated the app for several years — long enough for it to no longer be compatible with the modern MacOS (Lion or Mountain Lion). The only way I can run the app now is via VMware Fusion running an emulated PowerMac. Understandably, this makes using the app rather a PITA, and renders it pretty useless.
I am dismayed and surprised that the developer has not bothered to update this app for Mountain Lion — I would buy it!
"dunno no enuf boutit,2revew.mybeQ shld b 1's used"
Version: Folder Icon X 3.0.2
as above. bit eager with thr questions ?
dunno yet !