"Easy to use, no gotchas"
Version: FocusWriter 1.4.4
- Everything stays out of your way until you need it
- Great themes and customization
- Portable file formats (Open Document, RTF, plain text) gives you flexibility and choice
- Italics and bold actually look like italics and bold, something not always present in other full-screen writing programs
- If you don't pay attention, it's easy to miss the menu bar. Just move your mouse pointer to the top of the screen. This isn't really a con, but I'm pointing it out here and in the summary below so that no one else misses it (like the guy that gave this program one star because it had no menu).
NOTE: Access the menu bar by moving your mouse cursor to the top of the screen. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.
I recommend a good font, such as Deja Vu Sans Mono or Consolas, and choosing a color scheme that's comfortable and readable for long term use. Use a dark background and not-too-bright font faces, bring the font size up a little if you need to, and write.
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?