CNET Editors' review
This tiny utility looks like Notepad and it has almost the same functionality, only Flashnote opens faster. It can be minimized to the system tray and started with a hot key. Flashnote also lets you choose from various fonts, font colors, and background colors. No formatting options aside from word wrap are offered. You can insert the time and date and save entries in text format. Unlike Notepad, however, each time you open it, the last text entered is still displayed. You have the option of keeping Flashnote always on top, which can prove either very handy or slightly cumbersome, depending on your work style. Though this freeware is easy enough for anyone to use, most will want a full-fledged text editor with more flexibility and features.
Flashnote is just a rough copy for your quick work with any text information. When you need a rough copy to save or to process some pieces of a text, Flashnote is small, quick and convenient. Press the shortcut-key combination and a rough copy is on screen in a flash of a second. Press ESC and the program hides. You don't need to find a place for text, to run Notepad or your PIM.
What's new in this version: Version 4.4 has added Search selected text on the internet or open selected link in browser - select text, than use Alt+G or icon in the toolbar.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Search for text string matches inside any kind of file.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Test your memory skills by matching the pictures.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Keep the clipboard history and use it.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Manage personal notes with text clipping and as-you-type search...
- Search and display all details of your caller.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Insert frequently used text using hot keys or a pop-up list.
- Optimize your homeopathic treatments.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Flashnote 4.4
Quick/convenient for short notes
Formating would be handy but isn't nec. and it's free - I can't complain
Yes - Formating would be nice eg., bold/underline.
I use this all the time for quick notes while doing system devel work. Useful for quick copy/past reference of field dimensions, elements w/i a list, etc.
"Quick and convenient"
Version: Flashnote 4.4
- Light on system resources
- Auto-saves notes
- Simple, easy-to-use organisation of notes
None to speak of
I've been using this for years and it's been indispensable. I use it to store information that I need call up quickly and frequently, as well as to make brief notes on various tasks.