CNET Editors' review
Firetask for Mac is a task management app that lets you enter tasks in various categories and under different projects. You can rank each task in terms of importance, assign them due dates, and organize them by type. The interface is straightforward, with menus both across the top of the window and along the left side, to facilitate efficient switching between views and projects.
This app is ready to use upon installation. You can start by opening a new project or just listing tasks. A list of tasks can later be converted to a project, and tasks can be viewed in a list or on a calendar. The Organize tab lets you drag and drop various tasks so that you can sort them by importance and due date. There are also meters to the right of each task that let you rank them on a five level scale that ranges from trivial to critical. This ranking impacts where tasks show up under "Today," making it easy to see what the most important tasks are at any point in time. There is also a Quick-Entry option so that you don't have to sort through projects to add a task, and the Help page also lists several shortcut keys that can be useful, as well.
Firetask for Mac is comparable to other free task management, and it does deliver what it promises. It also syncs with Firetask apps for iPhone and iPad.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Firetask for Mac 3.5.3.
From Gerald Mesaric:
Firetask combines the advantages of David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) with proven classical task management features such as due dates and priorities in a unique way. Unlike other task management apps, Firetask is strictly project-oriented and highly effective. Firetask for Mac syncs wirelessly with Firetask for iPhone and Firetask for iPad. Use the "Today" view for fast access to tasks due today or the next 5 days as well as to your next actionable task per project. Group tasks by "Categories" or "Projects" including a special "Waiting for" category for tracking tasks you have delegated. Use the "In-Tray" to quickly enter thoughts and ideas so that no single good idea gets ever lost again. Finally, use the "More" area to access your personal task and project archives including GTD-style "Someday" and "Trash" lists. GTD and Getting Things Done are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company. Firetask is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.
More Products to Consider
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Personal budgeting made easy.
- Performs missed periodic maintainance tasks.
- Weather monitor with a variety of themes and notifications.
- Manage your tasks and time efficiently.
- Project scheduling software.
- Create ebooks in popular formats.
- Organize your business activity with shared calendars, contacts...
- Phonebook, SMS, gallery, calendar, themes for Nokia phones.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content