A small but annoying thing about Mac OSX is that sometimes it doesn't refresh itself when a file or folder is changed - mostly when dealing with networked (especially SMB/Windows) share drives.
Microsoft Windows users can hit F5 to refresh the current Window, but Apple chose to not add this feature to Mac OSX.
Mac OSX 10.5.x "Leopard" may not need this - however some users have reported it still adds value. Apple seem to have made some changes in the way Leopard interacts with the file system making automatic refreshes far more instant.
1. Unzip to your Applications Folder *
2. Open a Finder window.
3. Go to Applications and scroll to "Finder Refresh"
4. Left-click & drag Finder Refresh to the Finder window toolbar - you should see the other icons spread out.
5. Let go of the mouse button and there you go.
* If your web browser auto-unzips (i.e. Safari) then "Finder Refresh" will be in your download directory so you can skip Step 1 From then on just click the button to refresh the currently open Finder window.
To Remove from the Finder Window, Hold down the Command/Apple key, left click on the icon and drag off the Finder Window - you'll see your mouse cursor turn into a cloud, at this point let go of your mouse button. Done!
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- CAD app with advanced tools for architects and designers.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Color blindness simulator.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Chord reference & song sketching tool.
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Fun tool to draw directly on the desktop or screen.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.