CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Find My iPhone is one of those apps you don't need until you need it. When you need it, it's priceless (even though it is free). Find My iPhone works on iOS devices and requires an iCloud account and a valid Apple ID. When turned on, Find My iPhone sends the geolocation data of your device to the servers at regular intervals, allowing you to find your phone from any other device you can log into (including Web browsers). Find My iPhone is installed by default with iOS 5 and 6, but must be turned on to be active.
Find My iPhone can be used to locate a device. Simply start the Find My iPhone app and enter the Apple ID login and password, then the screen shows a map with the last reported location of the devices attached to that account displayed. You can actually watch the device in near real-time, so it's a great tracking app. Even more important, if a device is lost or stolen, as long as it can be found you can lock the device remotely using a four-digit code as well as display a phone number on the device's screen, or you can initiate a wipe of the device if you want to protect its contents. We've used Find My iPhone in real lost phone incidents, logging on from another iDevice and locking the lost iPhone.
Find My iPhone works, as long as the device being tracked reports its position and can receive commands. Fortunately, this means essentially in all cases as long as the device is turned on and not wiped first, you can locate it. Of course, you need to be able to access your iCloud account from another device, but as long as Find My iPhone is turned on this is a great free app from Apple.
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use another iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app on another iOS device, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud.Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.If the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you want to locate is running iOS 6 or later, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your missing device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can also keep track of where it has been so you can view its recent location history from the Find My iPhone app.Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in the iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.FEATURES Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent) Remotely lock your device with a passcode Display a custom message on the Lock Screen Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device Lost Mode (iOS 6 or later) Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later) Battery charge indicatorSupported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, VietnameseREQUIREMENTS Find My iPhone 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and an iCloud account. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. To be located, your iPad with Wi-Fi, iPod touch, or Mac must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network. Your Mac must also be awake. Lost Mode requires the missing device to have iOS 6 or later installed.
What's new in this version: All-new design for iOS 7
More Products to Consider
- Download sponsored mobile apps to get paid iOS apps for free.
- IFile Downloader is a fully featured download manager that allo...
- Browse the web with Opera Mini for iOS.
- What's new in this version: The function of WEBDAV is enhanced ...
- IBlacklist is the best call blocker and SMS selector available ...
- Speak searches, texts, tweets, and calls into your iPhone.
- IWATCH DVR 2 is a new version of iWatch DVR which is a H.264 DV...
- Get a free app for video recording, its automatic geolocation a...
- IWATCH DVR is a H.264 DVR remote viewer. It can be viewed in no...
- Solve addictive logical puzzles.
- Browse the web fast.
- Flight+ is your ultimate travel companion. Track all available ...
- Note: This app only create capes that can be used in the PC edi...
- Find Waldo, based on the popular search and find books.
- Find the right product at the best price!.
- Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast Mobile Flash Browser. Once ...
- Search Google easily with text, your voice, or your camera.
- Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the th...
- As well as Safari is a browser for html pages, SQLTouch is a br...
- WiChat is a fast, full-featured Bonjour IM client designed for ...
- RoadAhead helps you find the best exit ahead on the highway for...
- Description:Finding apps you'll love just got easier. Download ...
- PROMO PRICE FOR SHORT TIME=====================================...
- Track iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch based on user activity.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not even worth it"
Version: Find My iPhone 3.0
It use to help me find my Iphone without that much trouble
This new stupid update says my Iphone must be connected to the internet to be able to find it. I have now clue where my phone is right now because it says it is off line or something! Such an unreliable app
This new update has ruined it because I don't keep my phone connected to the internet all the time so what is the point. Very untrustworthy app
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content