CNET Editors' review
When you delete files and folders in Windows, they're not really gone. To make sure something you want to delete has been wiped from your system, you need something stronger. Files Terminator Free Portable securely deletes files and folders and recovers free space in your disk drives. It's completely portable, so you can save it to a USB drive or similar device and run it on any compatible machine.
Files Terminator has a small but colorful interface that you might mistake for a pop-up ad if you only glance at it. A drop-down menu offers 9 different methods for overwriting and destroying data, from a fast Pseudorandom method to powerful seven-step methods. The 35-step Peter Gutmann method is included but is listed as Not Recommended. The program recommends the Random one-step method for most uses. This method overwrites deleted items with random data and is sufficient for most files. Files Terminator's options are limited to a choice of languages, though you can add a language if you need one that isn't listed. The interface has three buttons: Destroy Files(s), Destroy Folder, and Destroy Free space. The Free Space tool includes a drop-down list of all our disk drives and a shutdown check box.
Files Terminator is totally easy to use. We clicked Destroy File(s) and browsed to a target file. A pop-up advised us the data would be unrecoverable if we proceeded. We clicked OK, and another pop-up notified us the data had been wiped from existence. The Destroy Folder feature is basically identical, though for some reason the file browser pop-ups are different in appearance if not function. The disk space tool advised us to turn off file compression and indexing on the target disk and not to use the computer while it worked. We used it on an archive disk instead of our C drive. The documentation mentions drag-and-drop support, but that feature didn't work. We could open multiple instances of Files Terminator. Files Terminator Free Portable offers multiple choices for effectively and permanently destroying data.
Files Terminator Free Portable is used to delete files permanently. When you delete a file in reality this is not really deleted from your hard drive, you just made it invisible, so you can retrieve it with specific programs for the recovery of data. The program is designed to make sure the most of our privacy allows you to "finish", that is, to destroy permanently all the sensitive data in our computer that we do not want to go into the wrong hands, making it impossible to recover even with the use of professional software Undelete.
More Products to Consider
- Erase any file using encryption systems securely.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Clean and optimize your PC with a crowd-sourced approach.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Update PC drivers automatically using cloud technology.
- Process large number of files routinely.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Scan your installed programs and categorize them by their secur...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Restore important lost data fast.
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"delete files permanently. Very GOOD program"
Version: Files Terminator Free Portable 22.214.171.124
Supports several methods to erase files or folders more or less restrictive.
NO CONS at all
Program for all users
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content